Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #1

Smile newbie here

hello everyone we just purchased a fr salem villa classic 40fden a couple ?s
how do u level a destination model ? it will be going on a gravel pad . also we will be boondocking any suggestions on getting water ? exp a external water tank and pump ? thanks everyone. any tips welcome
ashleyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:24 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. I am sure there will be lots of answers. You can also research each subject and read prior answers.
I always carry lots of wood blocks to adjust for the heights, when boondocking. As for water, if it is freezing weather, we leave all the tanks empty and carry portable water jugs - often lining spare floor areas. If it is not freezing, we just manually transfer the water from portable containers.
Another tip - carefully look at your tires and especially take note of the load range level. there is much information on this subject here on the forum.
Another tip - we installed a cheap voltage meter so that we can monitor the condition of the batteries when camped off grid. This really helps us feel better about usage.

Again, welcome.
Ram 2500 / FR Surveyor 251rks
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt View Post
how do u level a destination model ? it will be going on a gravel pad . also we will be boondocking any suggestions on getting water ? exp a external water tank and pump ? thanks everyone. any tips welcome
More important, where will you be dumping the tanks, if a destination trailer has black and gray tanks.
Getting water is easier than dealing with black and gray water.
Is it going to be parked permanently?
We don't have many here, that own a destination trailer. So be patient for responses.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

Destination trailers are usually used on a permanent or seasonal site. Being considered temporary, they are made for people who want a place like a summer cottage but don't want to go through the expense of jumping through the hoop to get building permits. Many of the ones I've seen don't have stabilizers or leveling jacks and are not really built to pull around from one place to another. Every one I've seen are set up on columns of concrete blocks spaced about 4 feet apart. The style fits between travel trailers and a park model. See https://www.crossroadstrailers.com/b...ation-trailer/
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt View Post
Can you tell us a bit more about your plans? From what I'm reading, it sounds like you're going to put that destination trailer on a gravel pad on private property. Is that correct?
You're going to need to have that gravel pad level in order to level that Salem. I don't think it can be leveled like a travel trailer.
As to water, you're probably going to have to do what any boondocking situation requires. Some type of large water tank and a delivery service to fill up that tank. Portable jugs of water will get old quickly.
As bikendan said, waste water will be a problem. Do you have any plans for that

Tags