Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 03:06 PM   #141
Trailer Park Supervisor

I put a set of Hadley airhorns under the hood of my little Triumph Spitfire back in the day. It was great fun, sounded like a diesel locomotive horn.

Was especially fun tooting horn with pedestrians around, they would jump like they were being electrocuted.
NJKris is offline   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 04:14 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Just curious but is your motorcycle's bark factory natural? Or aftermarket enhanced.

I don't think people hate motorcycles in general just the loud ones and sometimes just the owners behavior.

What's so wrong about the factory exhaust that meets noise standards?

Want to be noticed in traffic? Back in the day people installed electric powered air horns. They worked.

Just wondering.
I said our bike has a "bark", I never said it was loud. But level of sound for some is subjective anyway. The "bark" on our bike is at initial start up when fuel meets air and spark for the first time.

Nothing wrong at all with factory exhaust .. my truck is factory (except for air cleaner filter) & my wife's car is factory. Our bike on the other hand is something that I enjoy doing things with .. the headpipe is aftermarket, the intake is aftermarket, the air cleaner is aftermarket, the crossover pipe is aftermarket, the mufflers are aftermarket, the lighting in the front is aftermarket, the lighting in the rear is aftermarket, the windscreen is aftermarket, the handlebars are aftermarket, it has personalized pinstriping, etc, etc. It's not loud, far from it, but again level of sound is subjective.

I mentioned that my wife & I are courteous coming & going within a campground .. you missed that!. We don't sit and rev it up.. in fact, I turn on the ignition and hit the starter, the first time the throttle gets any pressure is when I finally let the clutch out to get moving, and then after that it's basically at idle & in gear rolling in & out of the campground.

And the other poster's comment about loud pipes being a cry for attention. I don't need loud pipes .. the horn if I'm behind you or beside you will scare the ***t out of you. What we do as a "CRY FOR ATTENTION" is the SIX lights on the front so you can see us coming & the EIGHT lights on the back along with brake flasher so you can see our asses when we slow down or signal for a turn!

My original post was about, if you missed the point, was an example of people who make assumptions/comments in campgrounds. The people next to us were rude simply because we unloaded a motorcycle. Seems to be my little old post tweaked some of you .. may we meet and share a beverage. We'll be the one's sitting outside, enjoying ourselves, with the Harley parked under the pin box. Good Day!
HD Limited
Concours is offline   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 08:44 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Then install a horn on your bike that you can use when needed and dont be loud ALL the time. Once in a while to get another drivers attention is fine. Loud noise all the time is nothing more than scream for everyone to look at you.
No, I’ll do what I choose no matter what you imagine the reason is.

That’s the beauty of freedom, I choose what I do for my reasons, you are free to make baseless assumptions about other people.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 08:51 PM   #144

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concours View Post
I said our bike has a "bark", I never said it was loud. But level of sound for some is subjective anyway. The "bark" on our bike is at initial start up when fuel meets air and spark for the first time.

Nothing wrong at all with factory exhaust .. my truck is factory (except for air cleaner filter) & my wife's car is factory. Our bike on the other hand is something that I enjoy doing things with .. the headpipe is aftermarket, the intake is aftermarket, the air cleaner is aftermarket, the crossover pipe is aftermarket, the mufflers are aftermarket, the lighting in the front is aftermarket, the lighting in the rear is aftermarket, the windscreen is aftermarket, the handlebars are aftermarket, it has personalized pinstriping, etc, etc. It's not loud, far from it, but again level of sound is subjective.

I mentioned that my wife & I are courteous coming & going within a campground .. you missed that!. We don't sit and rev it up.. in fact, I turn on the ignition and hit the starter, the first time the throttle gets any pressure is when I finally let the clutch out to get moving, and then after that it's basically at idle & in gear rolling in & out of the campground.

And the other poster's comment about loud pipes being a cry for attention. I don't need loud pipes .. the horn if I'm behind you or beside you will scare the ***t out of you. What we do as a "CRY FOR ATTENTION" is the SIX lights on the front so you can see us coming & the EIGHT lights on the back along with brake flasher so you can see our asses when we slow down or signal for a turn!

My original post was about, if you missed the point, was an example of people who make assumptions/comments in campgrounds. The people next to us were rude simply because we unloaded a motorcycle. Seems to be my little old post tweaked some of you .. may we meet and share a beverage. We'll be the one's sitting outside, enjoying ourselves, with the Harley parked under the pin box. Good Day!
The mere mention of motorcycles sets some people off, best to leave them with their bigotry. I’m going to make some popcorn now and watch the fireworks
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 08:52 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post

That’s the beauty of freedom, I choose what I do for my reasons, you make baseless assumptions about other people.
Opinions are like backsides.... every one has em and they are usually full of...

i will continue to use my loud pipes on my motorcycle to get others to see me... it has worked thus far
Old 06-30-2021, 08:59 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxinarian View Post
I always wanted to install a semi-truck air horn on the bike.
I've seen dozens of boat horns on "cruiser's" highway bars.

If the horn isn't louder than the exhaust that's a problem.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 09:21 PM   #147

Maybe there is a reason there are 55+ only parks and it's sounding like waiting these next 7 years to hit that mark will be loud

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is online now   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbflag21ds View Post
Maybe there is a reason there are 55+ only parks and it's sounding like waiting these next 7 years to hit that mark will be loud
55+ parks are not that different And they have their own oddities......
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 09:37 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
55+ parks are not that different And they have their own oddities......
Well that sucks

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is online now   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 09:38 PM   #150

Like electric golf carts that do 25 mph and you can't hear coming. Guilty as charged!
httntheroad is offline   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 09:42 PM   #151
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbflag21ds View Post
Well that sucks
The 55+ parks I've been to, are way quieter than most public campgrounds I've been to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 09:47 PM   #152

Reason number 53 of 101 reasons we sold our TT and bought 52 acres of land and a cabin in the country. It's only as noisy as we are.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 06:51 AM   #153
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post

That’s the beauty of freedom, I choose what I do for my reasons, you are free to make baseless assumptions about other people.
You are absolutely free to do as you please within the law and I am absolutely free to think you and others like you have low self esteem and feel the need to draw attention to yourselves in any obnoxious way you can.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
You are absolutely free to do as you please within the law and I am absolutely free to think you and others like you have low self esteem and feel the need to draw attention to yourselves in any obnoxious way you can.
you are free to think that, however, stating it openly is a form of psychological abuse, called Gaslighting, so, if you are ok with openly abusing those who you disagree with, go right ahead.

i for one dont think you have the right to do that, as i have spent years in counselling due to my parents gaslighting, and they still do, and it is still a form of abuse... SO.... if you want to abuse people mentally, go right ahead.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:13 AM   #155
Site Team

With well over a 100 posts and now just becoming strictly argumentative with no problems that can be solved, let's put this one to bed before too many hard feelings are formed. Thread closed by site team for sake of forum harmony.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
campground, mpg, noise