Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #1

Northern Virginia may see a new RV park

Theres talks going on about an RV park developing in Chantilly Virginia. The location is at the Smithsonians National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway Chantilly VA 20151. They are looking at approx 100 sites with concret pads, and full hook ups, And a store. The Museum is setting on the South end of Dulles Airport. It is on Airport property. This is all I know at this time, as thing devlop I will let you all know. I hope this takes less time to come about, because the museum was on the drawing board for 12 years and had taken 2 years to build.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #2

That would be a great location. I hope it comes to to fruition. Its about 3 hours for me to get there. Not a bad weekend trip.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #3

That's about 90 minutes from me. I would love that!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #4

thats super
we had planned to stay at ft. belvior on our norhtern trip to see DC
this will be great, thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 AM   #5

There are a lot campers that stop by in there travels and they have to park in the bus parking area. I am not sure but think the entrance to the future RV park will have to be entered from RT50, this area is all wooded, a great location for camping. One of the big attractions here is the ENOLA GAY, it is fully assembled for the first time since 1950 and is displayed approx 8 feet off the floor on special jacks. I am still gathering info for the RV park, and well see how us, the RV world and the public can push this this plan into reality.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:22 AM   #6

An Up Date.

An up date, the Museum has put the camp ground on hold at this time. They are getting ready to start phase two of the Museum. Plans were approved to start building the Restoration Hanger, I am not sure of the Sq Ft yet, but it is large. There will be a second level glass cat walk for the public eye to see how the aircraft are restored, there is also a second fast food chain going in as well. As I receive info I will pass it on.