Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2016, 07:12 PM   #1

Odd stance by Forest River

This has got nothing to do with an RV. I haul rv's for a living and a number of years ago I purchased a 53 ft flat deck trailer custom built by Shipshee Trailers. The purpose of this trailer is to haul 2 smaller rv's at a time. Shipshee Trailers is a Forrest River company. Recently I had a problem with the trailer so I took it back to Shipshee Trailers. They told me that the trailer was off warranty and they wouldn't repair it. (It was a wiring issue). They said that they only do warranty repairs at the plant. I actually had to find a different repair shop to get me on the road.
Now, normally you would take the trailer back to the dealer for repairs but Shipshee Trailers IS the dealer. There are no other dealers for these trailers except for Shipshee. So now you have a Forrest River trailer that once off warranty Forrest River wants nothing to do with. When I purchased the trailer, Shipshee Trailers was privately owned by 3 brothers and if you had a problem (on or off warranty) they would help you. This repair policy went into effect after Shipshee Trailers was purchased by Forrest River.
I got the trailer repaired and it wasn't a big deal, I just find this to be an odd stance for a manufacturer to take.
Happy Camping!
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #2

Forest River SOP

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote