Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Site Team

Of course it is

going to rain on Sunday...I'm going camping. Let's just say that my camping track record is a bit on the wet side. At lease I'm not in a tent sleeping on the floor.

I depart on Sunday and hope to get an early start out even though I might have to spend a bit of time in the park's parking lot waiting to check in. Thunder showers are due in late morning and lasting until evening. I am thinking waiting it out in the parking lot sounds better than driving on the freeway when the rain is the heaviest.

I cancelled the plans to dry camp at another beach campground for one night over Saturday. I opted for a good night rest and using a non-work day to get ready for Sunday's trip. I just have a few extra errands this week so I've been busy.

I do like the rain but I rather not be setting up camp in a thunder shower.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #2

You going to Rancho Jurupa?
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #3

When I was a kid it rained nearly all week we were camping on vacation one year. We get back home and the garden is burnt up and like a dust bowl, hadn't rained a drop. My parents thought about just setting the camper up in the middle of the garden!

Whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Site Team

well, we camping at Carpinteria State Beach, Sunday-Friday.
but Sunday is the only bad day, we'll have good weather the rest of the week.

the weather's going to be worse in the SF Bay Area, so we're fine with it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime0022 View Post
You going to Rancho Jurupa?
No, I'm going back to San Clemente State Beach. I booked my regular site there for five nights. What draws me to this cg is that I can fit in the front row which has a partial ocean view. I am somewhat lonely so I crave interaction with people and this spot is popular for watching the sunset. The driveway is paved which helps a lot for my feet & ankles.

I really like Rancho Jurupa a lot and it only about 20 minutes from my home. Not as much interaction but still a good amount especially during the warmer months. I tried to book the 4th of July there again but it was sold out. The other park there still had some openings but I wanted the concrete pad.

Do you have any plans for Rancho Jurupa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
When I was a kid it rained nearly all week we were camping on vacation one year. We get back home and the garden is burnt up and like a dust bowl, hadn't rained a drop. My parents thought about just setting the camper up in the middle of the garden!
LOL- be careful of what one asks for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
well, we camping at Carpinteria State Beach, Sunday-Friday.
but Sunday is the only bad day, we'll have good weather the rest of the week.

the weather's going to be worse in the SF Bay Area, so we're fine with it.
And I'm camping Sunday - Friday, returning home Saturday. I know this is only 5 nights but this will be my longest trip yet. It hard to get away for long trips because I need to take care of dad.

I've been waiting to head out to that area but just hasn't made it happen yet. I am keeping an eye out for a couple of nights at El Capitan State Beach in June but it doesn't have any hookups. I wouldn't mind stopping at Carpinteria for a night or two. A co-worker has warned me about the tight sites and how hard it would be for me to get my TT in. She knows my backing up skills still suck (but improving).

Have fun and stay safe & dry!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #6

When we camp it seems that the only time we see rain is just about the time we start packing up, it is usually our luck. A few seasons ago it rained almost every day. We got alot of card games and board games played. Last year it was so HOT and HUMID here we never opened the tent ends and ran the A/C all the time. Some might say this is the fun of camping.

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Site Team

It's still going to rain tomorrow but thunder showers are no longer listed. On the flip side there is a strong wind adivsory for the afternoon and evening so I will be heading out early for sure.

I was surprised again today when my fridge got cold in just a couple of hours. Life is so different during summer when it takes a good 8+ hours to get cold.

I put up some removeable 3M hooks in the shower so I can hang up any wet clothes to dry if I'm out in the rain setting up camp or something.

I was thinking about not being at South Carlsbad SB this afternoon but I made the right choice to delay the start of the trip by a day.

Take care,
T.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
Site Team

Spoke too soon about the thunder showers going away.... They are back on the radar and even earlier than before. I can't wait to heat up some homemade vegetable beef soup and bake some corn bread before curling up and listensing to the pitter-patter of the falling rain.