Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Oh Boy Here It Comes.....

Well, it looks like i will be able to get to use my new snowblower for the second time, while on the forum we lost power twice just a little while ago. It started snowing and the weatherman is calling for 6 to 12" of snow by morning from the Northern part of Maryland across the Mason/Dixon line, we are just 11 miles from PA.

The snow that we had from the last 8" snowfall just melted, so now we are getting new stuff........So much for Spring
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,126
I just shoveled the 8" we got overnight...I'm jealous of your snow blower.
__________________
Kristina
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,618
Two weeks ago we had record low temps and record snowfall. Last week we had record high temps!
Today was cooler and we have a forecast of above normal temps this week and a good chance of rain on Thursday. We should be through with the bad winter weather, but anything can happen. I'm sure we'll have some more cold days and nights and maybe a little snow, but I doubt we have anything like we just had.

Wade with our forecast I should have plenty of warm weather to send your way, but I did learn from last time. I'm only gonna set the fan on medium!

Remember to turn the heat on on that snowblower's handles!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
I just shoveled the 8" we got overnight...I'm jealous of your snow blower.
hockeytownmom, i would be glad to give you my new snowblower that has heated handles if i didn't see any more snow, i just check the forecast a little while ago and the are calling for more winter weather Sunday into Monday.....Here is a pic of the snowblower just to make you fell good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow blower.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	4596  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Two weeks ago we had record low temps and record snowfall. Last week we had record high temps!
Today was cooler and we have a forecast of above normal temps this week and a good chance of rain on Thursday. We should be through with the bad winter weather, but anything can happen. I'm sure we'll have some more cold days and nights and maybe a little snow, but I doubt we have anything like we just had.

Wade with our forecast I should have plenty of warm weather to send your way, but I did learn from last time. I'm only gonna set the fan on medium!

Remember to turn the heat on on that snowblower's handles!
Gary, the heat for the headles come on automatic, and PLEASE turn on the fan, you are a day late.....
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,126
That monster is too big for my driveway! LOL I'm buying one in the fall no matter what!
__________________
Kristina
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Well I started getting the pool ready and got sunburn doing yard work today. It was almost 80 today.
flcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,280
Wade, even though I am only about 100 miles from you, we missed another one. Other than cold, it has been a great winter here.....only about 7" total snow all winter. All 4 points on the compass have gotten much more snow than us.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Wade, even though I am only about 100 miles from you, we missed another one. Other than cold, it has been a great winter here.....only about 7" total snow all winter. All 4 points on the compass have gotten much more snow than us.
Hey Chap, compared to last year we've gotten off pretty easy this year. 6" of snow over night. I didn't get my snow-thrower out. I just drove out of it to g to work. Sun is out so I hope it starts the melting process today. Temps are coming up this week so this snow won't be around too long. After 75 degrees on Friday I think everyone forgot it's still February.
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Charlie, is that what we got 6"? I left for work at 2:30 this morning and it was still snowing the roads were a mess, i had to use 4 wheel drive til i got to Leeburg VA, there was more grass then snow down here in Chantilly.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Big Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 533
All we got here was about an inch of snow, but we had rain, then ice, then sleet, then the snow...Driving sucks. By the way, they are starting to clearance out the snow blowers here...Hope it's over soon.
__________________
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Charlie, is that what we got 6"? I left for work at 2:30 this morning and it was still snowing the roads were a mess, i had to use 4 wheel drive til i got to Leeburg VA, there was more grass then snow down here in Chantilly.
That's all we ended up with. Rte 30 was a mess, 795 not too bad, 695 basically wet, but Rte 43 near White Marsh, The Forgotten Road, was absolutely terrible.
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.