Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #1

Our '07 Surveyor 304 came home yesterday!

Gosh I can't believe we finally brought it home! We ordered in October, signed in February, and yesterday finally picked it up. The dealer had stored it for us for the winter FOC. Oh, and there was also that small detail about us needing to get a new truck to PULL it as my Explorer was sufficient for the Coleman popup but couldn't touch this thing... We are camping about 30 minutes from here Friday night just to do the shakedown. Memorial weekend we are going for 5 days so that will be the real shake I suppose. Nothing major wrong so far-- apparantly the bunk that goes over the small table in the bunk area needs to be in the "up" position when traveling. The dealer left it down and when we got home the little wood support bar was ripped out of the wall and sticking into the fabric of one of the seats. Nice. We'll have them fix that next week before MDW. They are going to have to reinforce it somehow, but the wall that it goes in (the wooden support bar thingie) is where the pocket door goes so I don't know what they are going to do. I'm half tempted to have DH fix it as I'm more confident in his work (and not to mention my daughter will be sleeping on the bed it will be supporting!) but I guess I also feel like the dealer needs to fix this as it was their fault. And this will be the first "challenge" for them to fix something- guess we'll learn if they are good or not.
And here is the million dollar question: I know it was said before, but it has been months and I can't seem to find it-- where the heckfire does the "PurWater filter" reside?!!? I have gone through my worthless waste of a trees life (read: owners manual) and it only briefly mentions the filter. And it only says "make sure you change it once a year" not WHERE to change it. Anyone know the magic spot??
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #2

One more question--
the outlets don't work unless the coach is plugged in and not running on the battery. Is this normal? We were under the impression that it wasn't, but someone told us thats just how it is... I know someone here is going to know!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 AM   #3

Red face

Well congradulations. You will find the filter next to the water pump. In my Surveyor it is under the bathroom sink. I have never bothered to install the filter cartrage.
You will not have any 120 VAC power unless you are plugged in to "shore power".

Enjoy your new Surveyor.

Dick

dichayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #4

Congrats!!

I wouldn't mess with a water filter unless you plan on using your rig A LOT (full time, every weekend......). If you do install one, be sure to remove it after each trip, seal it up in a zip-lock bag or better yet a vacuum packed bag and place in your fridge. Otherwise you may (more than likely, you will) have some funky things growing in there that you REALLY don't want. We just use a Brita on our counter-top while we are out and about.

As for the 120, Dick is right. Only when hooked up to shore power. Unless (and this is a big unless), you have a bank of batteries connected to a power inverter (VERY expensive by the way for the power draw an AC or microwave would use). An inverter converts DC to AC. Generally speaking, only the "top of the line" rigs have these, most do not.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #5

Cool kleece

Congratulations!!!!!!
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4X4
MRimmer says that I need a Toy Hauler......
Screamin' Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #6

We have never bothered with using our water filter as we take gallon jugs of water with us for drinking and coffee/tea making and use the freshwater supply for washing/bathroom. However, ours is located next to the freshwater tank under our front bed. Yours may be elsewhere but it will likely be near the tank.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #7

congratsssss and good luck !!! I have a o7 cherokee and the filter is behind a wood panel below the tv in the living area . At the end of the year you should remove it befor winterizing the system.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #8

The water filter is under the front seat of the rear dinette (4 screws to take off the wood underneath the cushion). The pump is located there as well.
johnh is offline   Reply With Quote