Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #21
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
..... So many great places to see in America.
AMEN!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #22
jkoenig24

You'll be doing a LOT of moving in a short period of time which makes for extra work. Get your grandchildren involved early. Make DETAILED checklists for set-up and tear down and decide which chores are suitable for which child (different colored inks might help). Show the most responsible child HOW to check tire pressure and, have them check tire pressure EVERY DRIVING DAY! Once the kids have completed everything they're responsible for, you or your DH can then do a final "confirmation check" which should be MUCH faster, just to ensure that ALL necessary chores have been properly completed. I'd also recommend that EACH person in your group have a "data card". This can be a simple 3x5 index card which has names of everyone in your group and their cellphone numbers. Include vehicle information (RV make model, color, plate# etc). Include the kids home phone, any "special conditions" (allergies, medical conditions etc. state NONE if that's the case). A plastic whistle (~ $1 at Walmart) should be in each child's pocket to signal should they need to (impress upon them that, after testing, these whistles are NOT toys and should be used ONLY to alert people to an emergency / or if the child gets lost). If you camp in National Parks, Park Rangers often do an evening presentation which are very informative. These presentations start at dark and, even in August, it gets cold. Bring a jacket / sweater! This trip can be a GREAT experience for children; something they'll remember for the rest of their lives. I hope you all have a GREAT time!
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherdhiker View Post
One thing we have started carrying is a power of attorney for medical. Broke my right wrist on a trip and DH was not allowed to sign anything for me. Had to struggle to sign with my left hand. We have POA for each other.
And medical power of attorney for the kids.

2005 Forester 2901
2005 Scion XB
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, vent