Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Outdoor LED light strip

LED light strip under the awning won’t light up. Light button on Lippert Components remote does make a couple green lights flicker for a second on the one end but the strip remote won’t turn on anything else. I tried a new battery in the remote with no luck. Any constructive suggestions would be helpful. Camper is a 2018 Wildwood Xlite.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
3boxerss

our last camper was a 2017 wildwood xlite.. to the right of the door up by the ceiling was a blank light switch cover.. We took it off and fished out of the hole some wires.. One set was for the awning lights. It had a poor connection. DH pushed connector back together and wrapped it with electrical tape.. Had no problem again with the awning lights for the next 3 years we had it...

Previous Campers
2017 FR Wildwood 201 BHXL
2001 Traillite Bantam B19
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boxerss View Post
our last camper was a 2017 wildwood xlite.. to the right of the door up by the ceiling was a blank light switch cover.. We took it off and fished out of the hole some wires.. One set was for the awning lights. It had a poor connection. DH pushed connector back together and wrapped it with electrical tape.. Had no problem again with the awning lights for the next 3 years we had it...

Yeah, I found the switch cover and the connection your talking about. It’s wrapped with aluminum electrical tape. I think I’ll unwrap, reconnect and retake like you suggest. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:41 PM   #4

All the awning lights ever did for us was attract bugs.
We never use them.
Nothing like rolling up the awning with all the bugs squashed.
Highwayguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, led, light