Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #21

Outside kitchen

Since we have downsized to 35 foot Georgetown, I do miss my outside kitchen. Found a Camp chief oven with two burner stove that runs off of propane, that with small pellet grill am set! Food just taste better cooked outside, may its the extra bug flavored protein! We had large 35 foot TTs for 8 years and used oven maybe twice and less than 10 on stove. DW did buy a induction hot plate for use on rainy days. Not using oven really helps in ac in summer!
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:52 PM   #22

We have a 41.5 ft Sandpiper that has an OD kitchen-a nice one. Ours is a 2017, but I saw one in the 2019s also. Grill swings around from the back bumper. Bigger than average frige size, storage, sink and outlets plus some counter space. Like most, we weren’t looking for that but now wouldn’t RV without it. We have 6 slide outs and still room for it. Keep looking! You’ll find the right one!
Clarkc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
At a recent R/V show in Tampa, we seen a good many 5th wheel floor plans with outdoor kitchens.

I just have a hard time calling them 'kitchens' with (usually) a single bowl sink, a small two burner cook top and a very small, electric only refrigerator.

No ovens, very limited prep area and poor lighting make them more like a snack area to me.
They do make a great place to store the beverages and boil crab or other things that could make the interior a little stinky.
Also heat is outside rather than in.

I think the idea is to use them more for serving areas (burner keeping the chili hot, etc) and get beverages so traffic in and out of Trailer is limited.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #24

My last trailer did not have an outdoor kitchen... drove me crazy.. picked the new trailer based on the outdoor kitchen option .. all my future trailers will have out door kitchen large enough for a good sized fridge, Kerrigan coffee machine and a toaster. I am early with the dog and need to be outside so I don’t wake up the others
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #25

I see many 5gh wheels with outside kitchens at the shows, my issue with them most repeat what I have inside they are 2 burner hotplate with a small sink and a small fridge. Recently though I have been seeing some that offer a grill. that would be what i want on the outside, a grill under the awning If I want to cook on a stove, i'll cook inside in the air Conditioning. and also some of the kitchens are so high that most would have trouble cooking on them. Me and my hubby no problem, I am 5 ft 8 and he's 6ft 4
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:17 PM   #26

We’ve never had an outdoor kitchen - except for our old pop-up trailer whose stove could be moved outside when we wanted. I liked being able to cook outside on nice days. I’ve been looking at them but wonder if the trade off of outdoor kitchen vs loss of storage make it worth it.
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:14 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We where dead set on an outdoor kitchen when we decided to upgrade Fifth Wheels. We have had two since then and neither have had the outdoor kitchen. Could not find the right fifth wheel with a Kitchen in the trim level we wanted.

The propane stove built in is less than ideal. My 1972 Coleman Stove works great. Sink would be nice. We have residential fridge inside so lots of room there inside.
We have a GMG smoker in the front bay out of the weather.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3A5C98F8-196B-4904-817B-7E3FA57AB228.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	564.6 KB
ID:	223443
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #28

Our current 5er has a bunk house, a bunk house bathroom (with exterior access) AND an outdoor kitchen (fridge, pull out shelf (where the burner would have been), sink with hot/cold running water). It's a 2011 and our friends have a 2017 (ish) model with same features.

They're out there, you just haven't been to the right RV show?
2006 Dodge RAM 2500 TRX4 Cummins
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35K
just4u_cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #29
Site Team

We have a 2015 Palimino Sabre Q-bok that has a bunkhouse in the back with dual slides and a large outdoor kitchen.

It has a sink, decent-sized fridge, microwave, pull out stove burners and 3 or 4 cabinets for extra storage.

The sink and fridge get the most use with the microwave getting occasional use. The stove burners we've used maybe once or twice. It does sit up a little high but since we are on a seasonal site we just put a deck down underneath it and it works out well.

We just went to the Chicago camping show this past weekend and while we didn't see a whole lot of fivers, I remember quite a few having outdoor kitchens.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #30

Loved your title. Humorous and informative. I despise titles that don't reveal the subject.

My old, large 5thWheel toyhauler lacks an outdoor kitchen, and I'm jealous of those who have them. I would not cook at all indoors except for long-term inclement weather rendering outdoor cooking impossible. I imagine full-timers and many or even most others would not want the outdoor kitchen. It's all in the way you use your RV.

IF I ever trade, I hope I can find an outdoor kitchen. A large part of my set-up/take down time is spent on creating my own outdoor kitchen.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #31
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
IF I ever trade, I hope I can find an outdoor kitchen. A large part of my set-up/take down time is spent on creating my own outdoor kitchen.
Get yourself one of these GCI cook stations. Folds flat. I unfold it, put tabletop grill or my old green coleman camp stove on it, done. Throw some of your cooking essentials in a small cooler while you are working out there. Hardest part is attaching hoses from a propane tank to the appliances. Which is not hard at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15026-8-lifestyle-1-600x400.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	223503  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #32

Outside kitchen - too “blue collar” for a 5th wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Get yourself one of these GCI cook stations. Folds flat. I unfold it, put tabletop grill or my old green coleman camp stove on it, done. Throw some of your cooking essentials in a small cooler while you are working out there. Hardest part is attaching hoses from a propane tank to the appliances. Which is not hard at all.

Guess I’m lucky with our TT setup. We have the outside kitchen with fridge, 2 burner hob, and hot/cold running water. Plus I have a quick release propane connection for the BBQ and outlets to plug in any other appliance we put on the table (current choices are InstaPot, Actifry, Induction plate etc). We love to cook and options are important. This coming season the electric pellet smoker gets added and I am never gonna want to come home. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3326.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	223520
Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #33

5r in my sig has outdoor kitchen. Two burner stove, small electric fridge and hot/cold water sink ( only it doesn’t have a drain, it’s like a pan you’d do dishes in tent camping and then would have to pick up and dump). Oh, tons of storage though. It’s right at the back next to the swing out grill on the bumper. It is high though as others have said. (Grill isn’t).
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The 5th Wheel we're looking to buy, has an outdoor kitchen with fridge, sink and stove.
Dan, which make & model are you considering? Looking forward to when I can upgrade. My first 2 "wants" are recliner and table/chairs and not a dinette.

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2021: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #35

Got one

My fifth wheel has one, in fact I wouldnt own one without it. With the little fridge and sink and cooktop in there its so easy for the kids to grab a drink or wash off without needing to run in and out of the camper. We use it for a fair amount of cooking as well. Ours is a Keystone though instead of forest river, didnt seem to have any issues finding them with the rear kitchen when we were looking.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineCampingFan View Post
Dan, which make & model are you considering? Looking forward to when I can upgrade. My first 2 "wants" are recliner and table/chairs and not a dinette.
A Highland Ridge Open Range/Mesa Ridge 280RKS. Theater recliners straight across from tv. You can get table and chairs instead of dinette. Tons of storage.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:26 PM   #37

When shopping for my 5ver getting one with an outdoor kitchen was very high on my list, but I was also very picky about it too. Lots had a stove, or a TV, or even a really large fridge. I'm use to BBQing outside while camping and handling meat gets dirty. Nothing worse than having to go into a camper to wash your hands multiple times while the food is on the grill.

So getting a kitchen with a sink outside was a must. I have my own stove that I like from tent camping and a BBQ; although mine did come with the BBQ on the back bumper. But I've also enjoyed the fridge and storage place for all of my BBQ tools. Plus nothing like just reaching over and pulling a beer out of the fridge instead of yelling through the camper door!

jpjn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:43 AM   #38
Bashful365

I am picking my Heritage Glen today and it has an outdoor kitchen. It will get some use in the summer on the Oregon coast, I am sure.
Bashful365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, wheel