Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Outside Refrigerator Suggestions

Hi All,

We have a 2016 Forest River Cherokee 39FK Destination camper. On the exterior there is an opening for a small beer refrigerator.

For those of you that have this same set up, what refrig can you recommend? The ones I've seen are too wide.

Thanks in advance!
The Long Long Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long Long Trailer View Post
Hi All,

We have a 2016 Forest River Cherokee 39FK Destination camper. On the exterior there is an opening for a small beer refrigerator.

For those of you that have this same set up, what refrig can you recommend? The ones I've seen are too wide.

Thanks in advance!
Our 5th wheel has an outside compartment that houses a small refrigerator. It came with a Danby. The bottom shelf will freeze things. Best Buy sells them.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Gold Tee Box

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the outside kitchen fridges are electric only, and not optional propane.

Get whatever fits the space.

Teetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetime View Post
Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the outside kitchen fridges are electric only, and not optional propane.

X2
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Yes, electric. I can't seem to find one that fits, they all are too wide. Just wondered if someone found one somewhere that I haven't looked.
The Long Long Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not familiar with the opening you're working with, but if the standard dorm fridges aren't fitting, how about some of the skinny wine fridges like this:

Old 11-17-2018, 01:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetime View Post

I would never use propane for any refrigeration needs. Dometic makes 12v/120v compressor refrigerators from 1.7 cu on up. In talks now with dealer about a Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ, and part of the deal is to have the archaic propane 6 cu fridge replaced with a Dometic 12v/120v compressor fridge 6 cu. These fridges only use about 3-4 AH on average, and are direct fit replacements for the propane version of the same cubic foot fridge. I have one of the smaller Dometic 12v compressor versions in my heavy commercial truck. I haven't shut it off for over 905,000 miles. I can leave the truck off for several days before I need to worry about the fridge taking down the batteries.

Far more efficient and rock solid. And the compressor versions will work effectively at up to a 30 degree tilt.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator