Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2017, 10:17 PM   #1

PAW RV TV Mounts

We just purchased a 2018 Forrest River, Tracer Ultra Light. It came with a 50 inch tv mounted in front living room but no bedroom tv. I was told by our sales person that we would have to buy our own tv and the bedroom had a ceiling mounted tv mount. It folds up tight against the ceiling or you can swing it down 90 degrees. There is an exterior mount and you can move the bedroom tv outside under awning for tailgating. We were told the mounts would accommodate a tv up to 24 inches. We bought a 24 inch Samsung smart tv. There were no instructions on how to hang a tv on the bedroom or outside wall. I looked at the mounts and they were stamped PAW. I searched online and did not find any videos on This particular brand of RV TV Mounts. Ebay had PAW RV TV mount kits that include the female portion (that screws to the wall) and a male half that screws to the back of the tv. The trailer did not include the male half. I finally found an ebay seller that sold just the male end of PAW tv mounts so I bought it. Damned thing does fit worth a crap. It should easily slide in and out. Does anyone know anything about these mounts?
larrykirby59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
Site Team

I have a 2016 TracerAIR 255 and although the mounts look exactly like the PAW mounts, they are NOT.

I ordered one from PAW, from Ebay, and it didn't fit.
I called the owner and sent him pics.
He said that the wall mount is NOT a PAW product.
I said that PrimeTime told me they were PAW.
I said could I got one that was molded wrong.
He sent me another one but same problem.

The PAW tv mount is thicker and won't slide into the factory wall mount.

Luckily I found a factory tv mount in a drawer, in the trailer.
You would have to shave down the PAW mount to work.
Or order a PAW wall mount and replace the factory one with it.

So I don't know who is wrong, PAW or PrimeTime.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 PM   #3

You are right. I've discovered it isn't a PAW but looks like a PAW. I had to go back to rv dealer and pay 30 bucks for a large metal plate that is supposed to attach to tv and then slides into the mounts in the trailer. It slides right in but is large and doesn't fit the back of my newly purchased 24 inch tv. Grrrrrr...went from one that fits back of tv but won't slide into mounts to one that slides into mounts but won't fit tv.
larrykirby59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #4

I need a paw tv mount
crcdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #5
PAW International

If anyone knows who makes the steel mounts, I would love to know. You can't find them anywhere, not even at a dealer. If it's a PAW mount it will say so right on the front. You can also take a magnet and see if it sticks.
hitechceo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount