Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Funny is...you can read through the PB, but the jelly. Ewwweww. When he is eating it the jelly will be squishing out.
I'd say the Jelly part is about right for one of my sandwiches too. I use about the same amount of PB too.

As for "squishing out" when biting, you learn how to suck some of the jelly out before each bite. Either learn that or hold a paper plate under your chin

in 20 minutes it will be lunch time in my house. I know now what I'm going to have

To the OP. considering all the things a young son COULD be doing going through a jar of jelly quickly wouldn't even register on my radar

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #22
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler811 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Last time I saw something that big was an old Syfy movie with a young Steve McQueen....."The Blob".
Are you people trying to traumatize me? That movie scared the bejeezus out of me when I was a wee lad. Still gives me a mild case of the willies just thinking about it.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Are you people trying to traumatize me? That movie scared the bejeezus out of me when I was a wee lad. Still gives me a mild case of the willies just thinking about it.

Tim
The opening music is the funniest part of the movie.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #24
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Not toasted Wonder bread
So much better when you toast the bread and then spread on the peanut butter while the toast is hot.... it kind of liquifies the PB. Then spread copious amounts of Miracle Whip on it. Mmmm! [emoji322]

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I'd say the Jelly part is about right for one of my sandwiches too. I use about the same amount of PB too.

As for "squishing out" when biting, you learn how to suck some of the jelly out before each bite. Either learn that or hold a paper plate under your chin

in 20 minutes it will be lunch time in my house. I know now what I'm going to have

To the OP. considering all the things a young son COULD be doing going through a jar of jelly quickly wouldn't even register on my radar

True... he is just now getting to that age(newly 12). I only noticed cause we were always out. I buy 2 jars and seemed like a week we were out. Didn’t bother me as I don’t eat it, but I would get a report... need more jelly...need more milk...need more cereal... I say need more money for electric...need more money for insurance, but it never works for me. [emoji23][emoji23]
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:25 PM   #26

I like peanut butter on pancakes. Sometimes jelly. Sometimes not.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
Peanut butter is good on celery too.
One of the usual go-to late night snacks for me and the DW is sliced apple on a plate with a big glob of peanut butter on the side for dipping. We like to use Simply Jif (lower in fat and sodium) and Gala apples, as we are trying to eat a bit smarter lately.
It seemed a bit odd to me at first, then I tried it and was hooked. They go remarkably well together.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
One of the usual go-to late night snacks for me and the DW is sliced apple on a plate with a big glob of peanut butter on the side for dipping. We like to use Simply Jif (lower in fat and sodium) and Gala apples, as we are trying to eat a bit smarter lately.

It seemed a bit odd to me at first, then I tried it and was hooked. They go remarkably well together.

Love PB and apples. DW thinks I’m a freak...I like a sprinkle of salt on my apple.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Funny is...you can read through the PB, but the jelly. Ewwweww. When he is eating it the jelly will be squishing out.

My FIL puts that much PB on a sandwich...I ain’t lying. It makes me have to look away. Why not skip the bread and shove a couple tablespoons of PB in your mouth. [emoji38][emoji38]

Heat the jelly and peanut utter in microwave until slight warm. Mix well. Make sandwich and eat with no dripping.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Love PB and apples. DW thinks I’m a freak...I like a sprinkle of salt on my apple.
I like a tiny squirt of chocolate syrup as well, so much for the "healthy" aspect.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:33 AM   #31

Anyone here old enough to remember Fluffernutters? (Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich)

When spouse got home from a month in the hospital and rehab, the first thing on the menu was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You can get a wide variety of food on their menu, but PB&J wasn't among them.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:29 AM   #32

Quote:
Apples ? oh heck yeah !!! I salt my apples and sliced oranges.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Anyone here old enough to remember Fluffernutters? (Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich)

When spouse got home from a month in the hospital and rehab, the first thing on the menu was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You can get a wide variety of food on their menu, but PB&J wasn't among them.
Remember? I still make em. My kids love them.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:57 AM   #34
D W

After reading through all of the posts, I don't think there's another food product that has as many applications as peanut butter!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #35

We like our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made with Jiff Extra Crunchy and whatever homemade jam is available. Then we butter the outside of the sandwich and toast it in a pan like a toasted cheese sandwich. There ought to be a law.
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
After reading through all of the posts, I don't think there's another food product that has as many applications as peanut butter!
Don't forget about using peanut butter to feed pills to finicky dogs! Sometimes I have to supplement that with a little bit of ham or bacon as a bait, with the peanut butter acting as an adhesive. Once well into his mouth my puppers has little choice but to send it down.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
Don't forget about using peanut butter to feed pills to finicky dogs! Sometimes I have to supplement that with a little bit of ham or bacon as a bait, with the peanut butter acting as an adhesive. Once well into his mouth my puppers has little choice but to send it down.

I had a new outside dog and no fence. She would follow you so you had to outrun her. She got smarter and would cut across the loop and so forth. I figured out I could give her PB sandwich and keep her busy. Worked till we got a fence.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #38

Quote:
My late wife salted her apples too. Se shared an orange with our Shih Tsu. He'd be sound asleep in front of the fireplace when she went to the kitchen. When she got back to her chair he'd be waiting there for his share

As for dogs and peanut butter, as kids we'd give some to the dog and then laugh our fool heads off as he would be sticking his tongue out for the next half hour trying to lick it off the roof of his mouth.

Was more fun than putting a piece of scotch tape on one of the cats rear paws.[emoji57]

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #39
Broken Toe

Quote:
I dunno bout salting apples, but ever tried them with melted sharp cheddar cheese? Was offered that at a fondue place once and i looked upon them with suspicion... till i tentatively tried one. OMG!! It was fantastic.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Was more fun than putting a piece of scotch tape on one of the cats rear paws.[emoji57]
HA! That reminds me of one of my favorite stories my Grandmother would tell me of her childhood in Wyoming. Her and her little friends would catch an old barn cat, then put its paws in walnut shells and hold them in place with melted canning wax (it wasn't hot enough to burn anything). The cat would basically clog dance for awhile before the wax gave way and the cat would run off, mad but unscathed.
Life was very different before cable TV and smartphones.

OK...back to the coffee talk!