Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #1

Pennsylvania camp ground opening

The Governor of PA announced today that privately owned campgrounds can open on May 1, 2020.

Also golf courses, marinas and guided fishing tours.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:16 PM   #2

Campground Opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
The Governor of PA announced today that privately owned campgrounds can open on May 1, 2020.

Also golf courses, marinas and guided fishing tours.
The KOA in New Holland opened up April 1.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #3

Privately-owned PA campgrounds were never ordered to close by the Governor in the first place.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #4

We just checked out several private campgrounds in PA this weekend. While they were open, they would only allow their seasonal campers in. No new/short term reservations. Would be nice if that has changed today.

Jim M.
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #5

Interesting, another bs statement by our Governor?

This is the link to his press release:

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom...mental-health/

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
We just checked out several private campgrounds in PA this weekend. While they were open, they would only allow their seasonal campers in. No new/short term reservations. Would be nice if that has changed today.

Jim M.
It has.

While there was no 'official' mandate to close private campgrounds, the majority of them followed the Stay At Home guidelines set forth by the state of PA and WOULD NOT allow reservations for 'Non-Essential" camping.

That changed today as of about an hour ago.
Here is the official statement...

"To ensure that Pennsylvanians have opportunities to safely enjoy outdoor recreation as a way to maintain positive physical and mental health, and in keeping with the commonwealth’s stay-at-home orders to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Governor Tom Wolf today announced that the Wolf Administration is lifting some restrictions on businesses related to certain outdoor activities."

"Starting Friday, May 1, golf courses, marinas, guided fishing trips and privately owned campgrounds may reopen statewide and are required to follow updated life-sustaining business guidance and FAQ issued by the Wolf Administration to include specifics for how these outdoor recreational industries can resume activities while prioritizing public health and safety. Campgrounds in state parks will remain closed through Thursday, May 14."

“Pennsylvanians have remained resilient throughout this COVID-19 crisis, and as we successfully continue to flatten the curve to protect our physical health, it is critical that we also focus on our physical and mental health during these extraordinary times. As the weather warms and daylight lengthens, enjoying time outdoors is an important way to manage stress,” Wolf said. “As we start to take measured, limited steps to reopen our commonwealth, reopening these industries will help to rebuild our economy and strengthen our mental health.”

"According to a recent study by the Kaiser Family Foundation, nearly half (45 percent) of adults in the United States reported that their mental health has been negatively impacted due to worry and stress over COVID-19 with the burden likely to continue even as the pandemic’s threat diminishes."

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued guidance on visiting parks and recreational facilities. These guidelines must be followed statewide by businesses and when engaging in outdoor activity while the state disaster declaration remains in effect. The guidelines will ensure the safety of individuals and families engaging in outdoor activities and adherence will help slow the spread of COVID-19."

"Stay close to home: Pennsylvanians are encouraged to enjoy permitted outdoor recreational activities within their community and avoid crowding popular destinations.
Practice social distancing: Maintain the recommended minimum 6 feet apart from fellow recreationists. Pennsylvanians are also encouraged to wear a mask or protective garment that covers the nose and mouth any time they go outside. If a parking lot at a park is full or there are too many people on the same trail, find an alternate place to recreate. Cross the street to avoid running directly past another runner or wait longer at a golf hole for a fellow golfer to move forward.
Minimize risk to others: Individuals should only go out if they feel healthy and have not been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Practice good hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as doorknobs and handrails.
Have a plan: Create a safety plan before heading outdoors. Explain to children the need to keep their distance from others, even if they happen to see a friend while outside. Discuss with partners, social distancing while on the golf course. Think through how to avoid other runners when waiting to safely cross a street at the same time.
“Practicing social distancing takes a little planning and patience but it is necessary if we want to continue to flatten the curve while ensuring that Pennsylvanians have opportunities to de-stress and get exercise,” Wolf said. “Finding the balance between enjoying the outdoors and staying safe is only possible when all Pennsylvanians are abiding by the same precautions. It’s critical that all Pennsylvanians adhere to the safety guidelines to allow for these outdoor activities to remain available to the public.”

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=88
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
GeorgetownAZ

South Dakota Campground Open

We have been traveling north from Arizona and settled in Mitchell, South Dakota at the R and R Campground. Large pull through sites with full hookups. The manager and hosts are great. Lots of places to visit. Restaurants deliver. Rates are very good and currently available sites. Well kept grounds and close to stores. Call 605-996-8895 for rates and reservations.
GeorgetownAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #8
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

But can you get Booze without having to sneak into Ohio counties?
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:16 PM   #9
GeorgetownAZ

Yes. Plenty on the stores in the gas stations
GeorgetownAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:19 PM   #10
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

FYI -- Pennsy Gov closed all liquor stores during the crisis.
Ohio Gov requires OH ID for all Pennsy adjacent counties in OH to purchase liquor.
Those counties were getting inundated with people crossing state line to get their booze.

That was a big issue for us.
(maybe cause we were running short ourselves?)
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgetownAZ View Post
Yes. Plenty on the stores in the gas stations
Also stores like Giant, Weis and some gas stations that also sell food. Also they have started a curb service for quite a few "Fine wine and liquor" stores. You can check the web site for the ones that provide that, but there are limitanions on amount and you have to call early and give them a pickup time. Today I made one stop at Weis, and then another at Giant. Limit 3 liters at each.
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:15 PM   #12

I have one question for Gov. Wolf, Why just private campgrounds???
If I'm in a state park campground, I can be pretty sure that I"ll be more that 6 ft from the campers on each side. I've been in private campground that I couldn't open my awning or slide without being afraid that I would hit the camper next door.
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:51 AM   #13

Stoney Fork by the little Grand Canyon in Pa is opening this weekend. It is a very nice place
atkbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:47 AM   #14
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaB View Post
I have one question for Gov. Wolf, Why just private campgrounds???
If I'm in a state park campground, I can be pretty sure that I"ll be more that 6 ft from the campers on each side. I've been in private campground that I couldn't open my awning or slide without being afraid that I would hit the camper next door.
I'm certainly not Governor Tom Wolf () but it has more to do with the staff/workers in State Parks than the distance between sites.

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=88
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #15

Are Ohio private campgrounds closed?
gharris100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #16

There is a county park, Two Mile Run, near me that opened May 1st. We are camping there this week-end. The full hook up sights sold out fairly quickly. We are staying at a federal park for Memorial day. Not sure if that will pan out or not.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pennsylvania