Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #1

Question People from different parts of the nation/world?

This last trip out I met some people that right now would be hard to beat for being "Furthest away from HOME"... they were from Australia! There was another fellow from Montana. Lots of people are from Michigan, Ill. and Ind. But then most are within 50 miles.

Was just wondering if you had noticed who is camping that is REALLY far from home.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #2

Met some folks from Germany several years ago who had rented a class C motorhome. They were trying hard to get a campfire going but weren't having too much luck at it. I walked over an gave them some fire starters that I had. They didn't speak a lot of english so I couldn't really talk with them much to see how thier trip was going,
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #3

same here, Meet a few from Baveria that was touring ( as they put it) in a rental around the country. Very nice people, and I speak a little german ( mother born and raized there)
On our Trip to Colorado last July, we met alot of people, Mostly friendly along the way from all over.. Funny thou, we met some Friends that live 10 miles away from us and Had lunch with them in West Yellowstone,,,

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I spent five years in Italian boarding schools and speak the language fluently.
Two years ago, at Myrtle Beach, a Class C pulled in next to me while I was sitting under my awning reading a book. The couple started setting up and I noticed he spoke to her in Italian and she spoke to him in German. I went back to reading my book and the next thing I knew he was standing beside me, asking in extremely broken and limited English where I had purchased my patio rug. He about fell out on the spot when I answered him in Italian. Turned out that Gino and Ula (Ursula) had been in the States about a month, had bought a used Class C, and were spending three months playing tourist. Gino spoke Italian and German and Ula spoke German, Italian and a bit of English. Without a toad, they would rent a car as needed. Needless to say, the next four days were absolutely great for all of us.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote