Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #1

Plumbed, but will not fit.

I was camped at Lazy days this winter to have some things done to my 2015 Georgetown XL while I was there. One of the main installations was to have a washer and dryer installed in the closet that was plumbed for it. After Many hours waiting Lazy Days came to the camp site to get me and tell me and show me that the washer would not fit in the space that was made for it. The closet was too small for it to fit. The washer would stick out of the cabinet a couple inches and the doors would not close. Lazy Days People called Forest River and they said it would fit. After a little talking FR said the cabinet was probably made wrong." SAY WHAT"! That was one of the selling points! The cabinet is 26" deep on the left and 20 3/4" on the right.
Well needless to say I guess we will be going to the laundry mat until we can replace our motor home with a better one.
Anyone else run into this? Beware!
jagwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #2

Our Cedar Creek had a closet that was plumbed for a washer/dryer but I don't think Cedar Creek ever thought someone would actually install one there. There was 1 inch on each side and two inches on top. The vent took out a stud
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed