Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 06:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
'Signs' everywhere 'warning' shoppers 'not to do this', and 'not to do that'....like the 'ol 'you break it, you BUY it!' warnings plastered all along the walls and parts bins.
One that really made me laugh, sadly, was at the bin of BREAKERS, for your electrical needs. It read, in BOLD print:
" Do NOT trip the breakers Back and Forth, or you will have to BUY the Breaker! "
and
" Do NOT let children PLAY with these items, or you will have to BUY these items! "
and
" NO RETURNS - you Buy it, you OWN it! "

all these 'rules' before you've even hardly entered the store.... certainly doesn't make for a 'delightful' experience.........crazy.
The good news is, though, these types of rules aren’t legally enforceable in most cases — even if there is signage stating such.

Bruce
Old 07-30-2020, 06:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
The good news is, though, these types of rules aren’t legally enforceable in most cases — even if there is signage stating such.

Bruce
Right. You can write anything on a sign. "Not responsible if I get drunk and back into your camper."

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Right. You can write anything on a sign. "Not responsible if I get drunk and back into your camper."
;-)
Old 07-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #24

Quote:
I wish I would have thought to put that on my vehicle before it happened. Would have save some headaches.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Or the gravel trucks with signs saying "Not responsible for broken windshields. "
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #26
Site Team

I almost had to test out the legality of those "you break it, you buy it" signs one time while we were on vacation in Wisconsin Dells.

We were in a store and my daughter (she was maybe 4 or 5 at the time) picked up one of those water balloon snake things. As soon as she picked it up it was obvious that it was leaking and had been leaking as the container it was in was full of water. I told her to put it back down as it was all wet.

The store employee came over and accused my daughter of being the one that broke it and said we would have to pay for it. I told him that it was leaking long before she touched it and that we weren't paying for anything. I was ready to walk out of the store when my parents offered to pay for it before it escalated into a whole big situation.

I honestly don't know what he would've done had we simply walked out but I was willing to find out.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #27
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
If it is BY CAR, why would it matter what the age is of anyone in the car ??
Sorry, I should have mentioned we are seasonals. I just looked at our contracts for the past 3 years. The campground had changed their policy in 2018. The fee is now $5 per person for day pass, ages up to 6yo and 65+ are free. The age limits are for everyone entering the cg for a day. The policy has always been that people off the street can come in just to use the lake or pool for $5. Day passes are good for 8am to 11 pm and they are enforced by cg owners or security.

So if your over 65 grandparents come to visit, they don't pay anything, they just need to stop in the office and sign in as visitors to the hosting seasonal camper who also has to be signed in.

Disabled guests are also free, but it depends on the level of disability. For example, we have a 36yo friend which her mom drops off with us who cannot talk well enough so ordinary people can understand her, physically she walks with a limp, cannot run, or climb. Her mom pays if she stays, but she doesn't pay for her daughter.

As for overnight guests to a seasonals site it is still $10 per car per night unless the occupants are over 65.

The reason for the fee change is the cg is full every weekend and 1/4 to 3/4 capacity through the week.

Since Covid, seasonals can sign in by calling or from the Seasonal Campers web link. So, I guess as long as the seasonal has signed in the guests can arrive before the seasonal actually arrives.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote