Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Site Team

Pomona RV Show

Is anyone else going to the RV show in Pomona, CA? It starts two weeks from today. Hopefully the 108 weather will be gone by then. I might change my reservations to the following week if it looks to be cooler. Can't wait to check out all the new RVs but come home to my beloved FR unit.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #2

Thinking about it but really looking for after market accessories for my new Solera. Never been and wondered if they have vendors selling stuff to make it worth the 7 hr drive?
Old 09-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Can't say its not worth a 7 hr drive if only for after market assessories.

People often comment about the neat stuff they find at RV shows and I have yet to see what they are talking about. Of course I've only been to only one show so my experience is limited. I do remember seeing vendors for insurance, generators and camping places.

Would recommend checking out the vendors list before committing to make the drive.

PS

If you do decide to come maybe our paths will cross. Keep an eye out for that FRF decal and if you see it please do drop and say hi. I'm staying next door to the fair.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

I am trying to determine if it is worth the $10. admission per person per day? Plus it is is 108 today.
Big bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #5

When is the show and do they sell accessories for our TT???
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bird View Post
I am trying to determine if it is worth the $10. admission per person per day? Plus it is is 108 today.
It was only 105 today here so things are cooling off. Actually it looks to be much cooler at the end of next week. I'm going to pay the $15 price less the $2 coupon for unlimited entry. The coupon is available online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime0022 View Post
When is the show and do they sell accessories for our TT???
Pomona RV Show

The show is October 12-21. I've only been to one RV show there but didn't really see any accessories except for generators and a few misc. items. There should contact information for the show so it might be worth a call to find out what all is planned beyond what is listed on the website.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Site Team

You remember that saying about being careful about what you wish for?

After complaining of 105+ temps there now is a chance of rain on the days I'm going to the RV show.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #8

I have to stay away this year!! We went last year and my wife fell in love with and had to have one of the new Windjammer models. And yes she got it. There are a few vendors, but nothing like going to one of Bike Rally's.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #9

Is the $10 includes parking? I went there early in the year when there was free admission and parking hosted by Mc...RV
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Site Team

Parking is extra. The Mc....RV show is a smaller show hosted by that company. Now if you bring your RV then parking is free.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #11
Site Team

From what I understand gate 9 is the only entry to the show unlike previous years. The online coupon cannot be used with the multi day pass. I only spent a short time at the show this afternoon but could see changes right away and so far it looks good. The layout is much better. A lot more effort was put in with organizing and decorating.

According to the comedy cooking guys, Mac and The Big Cheese, there are 150 more RVs on display this year than last year. The guys were nice enough to give me a ride to the FR EVO LITE showcase seminar. The EVO looks really nice and I like the choice of finishes used. The FR rep Jeff Denton was really nice to chat with.

I'm staying at the KOA so I can walk to the show. It's nice to take in the show while being able to take breaks & relax in comfort. The sites are very closed together or at least in my row. Tonight I just noticed there are hookups on both sides of the sites - wished I noticed earlier because I rather be facing in the other direction. Will make a note of this for next year along with which sites would be my top choices. Tomorrow evening I might make use of the hot tub to soak my poor feet if I cover as much of the show as I hope to.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
From what I understand gate 9 is the only entry to the show unlike previous years. The online coupon cannot be used with the multi day pass. I only spent a short time at the show this afternoon but could see changes right away and so far it looks good. The layout is much better. A lot more effort was put in with organizing and decorating.

According to the comedy cooking guys, Mac and The Big Cheese, there are 150 more RVs on display this year than last year. The guys were nice enough to give me a ride to the FR EVO LITE showcase seminar. The EVO looks really nice and I like the choice of finishes used. The FR rep Jeff Denton was really nice to chat with.

I'm staying at the KOA so I can walk to the show. It's nice to take in the show while being able to take breaks & relax in comfort. The sites are very closed together or at least in my row. Tonight I just noticed there are hookups on both sides of the sites - wished I noticed earlier because I rather be facing in the other direction. Will make a note of this for next year along with which sites would be my top choices. Tomorrow evening I might make use of the hot tub to soak my poor feet if I cover as much of the show as I hope to.
What are the fees per night? I am in covina, so I am really closed.
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrac View Post
What are the fees per night? I am in covina, so I am really closed.
KOA is not cheap @ $58 + tax per night. While it's not the same I just made this event my camping trip for October since I have two trips already planned for November.