Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #21

Our Weber Baby Q is 8 years old. We're on our 4th RV but still usiing the same grill.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:38 AM   #22

My vote is for the Weber Q great little grill also comes in bigger sizes
Old 12-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #23

I also have the RVQ that came with my 08 Flagstaff. NEVER any problems with heat, PROVIDING you mount it properly. There is two possible ways that I have seen to mount it. Also, even on high on a calm day with no wind, the awning above does not even get warm enough for any concern, or the sides of the trailer. With the lid open, it shields the heat away from the camper, lid closed, no real heat problem anyway. It works great; and I also say USE IT!!!!!
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #24
Now a "Top Member"

Here's a couple of pictures of me using my RVQ. As I said, I love it. I've actually cooked baby back ribs on there, and BBQ zucchini and other veggies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0004 (Medium).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	4102

Name:	DSCF0026 (Large).jpg
Views:	687
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	4103

Name:	DSCF0027 (Large).jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	4104
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
CampeRooo

My wife and I just got one of these for Christmas from my dad:

Char-Broil | Grill 2 Go ICE®

I haven't tested it out yet, but am anxious to see how this bad boy cooks.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #26

When we took possession of our 2011 rockwood trailer it came with the barbecue that I refused and the dealer made an exchage to us. They offered us to install a brake controller on our van ( controller included ) the offer was on the tekonsha pod that I exchanged for a tekonsha ' primus ' instead. I would never install a barbecue on the fiberglass wall because of safety issue. We have a coleman roadtrip barbecue that we carry in our passage thru luggage instead.Why cooking so close to the trailer and set the smoke detector all the time not counting the cooking smell that get inside the trailer?
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #27

My 2604SS came with the RVQ. I have used it one time. The side of the TT behind the RVQ did not even get warm. What I really like is the little table that attaches on the same rail. I set up the electric coffee pot on it in the mornings and watch the sunrise and smell the coffee.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
I set up the electric coffee pot on it in the mornings and watch the sunrise and smell the coffee.
About time you woke up and smelled the coffee!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #29

RV Grills

I have the RVQ grill and purchased a 10 ft hose and table stand so the grill can be placed on a table away from the TT. Here is a link to the RVQ grill web site. If you have another brand check that manufacturer to see if they offer a longer gas hose.

Parts for the RVQ Grill

Safe camping
S Cannon

Rockwood Mini-Lite 2502s
SCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #30

Hi folks, trust me, the heat from the RVQ will never be hot enough to cause problems. I also have never seen evidence of any grease buildup on the awning.
We use the RVQ as well as a Coleman Grill-N-Go which is the bomb! I LOVE the versitility of changing out the grills, griddles and pot plates! I had the blue one, then got the red one. I have mine plumbed so that I use them off the same quick disconnect.

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #31

BBQ Grills

jackhartjr is right. I never had a problem with heat or grease, however, my wife has issues with the BBQ smoke blowing around at times and the long hose allows me to postion the grill to avoid BBQ smoke under the awning.

Of course this means that I am standing in the rain at times but she is happy with no smoke. Just remember what took me 25 years to learn:

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!
SCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #32
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
I would never install a barbecue on the fiberglass wall because of safety issue. Why cooking so close to the trailer and set the smoke detector all the time not counting the cooking smell that get inside the trailer?

Look again at my pictures. There is no safety issue...only a percieved one on your part. The actual grill is a good 8 inches or more from the fiberglass. I have the window open on my TT and well, maybe a little smell from the BBQ. But hey...BBQ is supposed to smell good. If it got really bad, we just closed the window! And it never set the smoke detector off. Ever. The toaster in the morning did almost every time though. But never the RVQ.

Wow, really people. As I said way back, we used ours every trip we went out. There is no danger, no excessive smoke or smell (unless you burn the meat!). But, I guess some people will always have their perception of something, and never give it a try. Kinda like I always told my kids as they were growing up when they had some new food put in front of them and they said "YUCK". "Have you ever tasted it before?" "No." "Then how do you know you don't like it?".
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Webber also makes a wonderful little grill for under 50 dollars, that is far more compact that the Q series grills.
Humm.. I've never seen that model - I never saw anything from Weber under $100. Is this a gas model ?

Do you have a link/URL ?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #34
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Weber Baby Q. Fits our needs perfectly and stores easily in one of the compartments. Easy clean up as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #35

We also have been using the RVQ hooked onto the side of the TT for years without any problems. It is a nice light easy to pack unit, and it is handy to have it on the side of the TT. We even have a griddle that we can put on top for bacon and eggs, etc. It is not a very hot grill, but it suffices for the two of us. If I was cooking for a crowd, there would be a bunch of hungry people standing around waiting ....

Cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #36

Volcano is perfect for emergency prep. or any outdoor camping activity.

I love mine. Very versatile. Works on wood, charcoal or propane. Easy to store and stays cool underneath. Also very nice if you do any Dutch Oven cooking.

Not the best for lots of people do to small surface area, but there's only 3 of us....
MattV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #37
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
Volcano is perfect for emergency prep. or any outdoor camping activity.

I love mine. Very versatile. Works on wood, charcoal or propane. Easy to store and stays cool underneath. Also very nice if you do any Dutch Oven cooking.

Not the best for lots of people do to small surface area, but there's only 3 of us....
WOW! I checked out the video on the Volcano grili Pretty COOL!!!....We may have to try this one out. Thanks for sharing the info.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #38
Wanna Be Camper

We have used a Coleman Roadtrip LXE for the last few years and love it. We have the optional grill plates as well so breakfast is a snap. WHith it we rarely use the stuff in the trailer unless the weather is bad. We also got the grill with the RV and it is in the basement somewhere I think.

Coleman Canada

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #39
MWI

I love my Volcano

I love the Volcano. It comes with its own carrying case (unlike most) The optional lid makes it terrific with Dutch Oven stuff or baking. and I love the fact that it can use propane, charcoal or wood easily. What really sold me was the fact that it has some special construction and the outside does not heat up very fast so you can cook on a plastic table, for example. I can cook about 5 hamburgers at a time or 3 big steaks... so if you have a tribe of people, you might want to consider something else.. If there are only two or three of you.. and you want to save space.. The Volcano is a good choice.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #40

Well we pulled the trigger. Got a Coleman Roadtrip LXE off Price Grabber for 130ish plus free shipping. Many thanks for all the input.
jdandrson is offline   Reply With Quote