Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #1

Positive Experience with Progressive

I want to share a very positive experience I had with Progressive recently concerning replacement of a surge protector. We had a leak in the camper that caused the surge protector (hard wired) to short out. While Progressive offers a lifetime warranty on the surge protector, I contacted them and advised the leak was our fault and asked how much it would cost to purchase a new surge protector. I received an email directing me to file an online warranty claim, which I did. I was simply amazed that the surge protector was replaced at no charge to me.

Thank you, Progressive, for such a surprisingly pleasant outcome!
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittlecat View Post
I want to share a very positive experience I had with Progressive recently concerning replacement of a surge protector. We had a leak in the camper that caused the surge protector (hard wired) to short out. While Progressive offers a lifetime warranty on the surge protector, I contacted them and advised the leak was our fault and asked how much it would cost to purchase a new surge protector. I received an email directing me to file an online warranty claim, which I did. I was simply amazed that the surge protector was replaced at no charge to me.

Thank you, Progressive, for such a surprisingly pleasant outcome!
Great products, great warranty and great customer service: A recipe for success.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Great products, great warranty and great customer service: A recipe for success.
X2.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #4

My experience with them was a little different. I had a 30A portable. It started smelling like burnt electronics and the plug started melting around the blade holes. I had noticed my camper plug (male end) had some carbon markings on the blades so I cleaned them up. The problem continued to get worse. I contacted Progressive to see if I could replace the female plug. They advised it is not serviceable, and as there was discoloration on my male plug, there is no warranty. I did buy a new hard wired one, but was a little miffed that they offered no help at all.
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:06 AM   #5

They are the best!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #6

Smile

I just had a very similar experience. I have a hardwired 30 amp ems that got water in it from a pipe leak. I called Progressive and explained what happened and that I have owned the ems since 2011. The tech I spoke with said it is a bad controller board and I should send my mailing address and he won’t send me a new one. I asked about charges and he said it was covered under the warranty. I explained my manual said I only had a 3 year warranty plus the failure was my fault. He said the ems is covered with a lifetime limited warranty. He stressed the word limited but he didn’t say what the limits are. I received and installed the new board the next day and the ems now works fine. I noticed the new board is dated 2015 so I assume that it is updated with improved circuitry and/or software. Anyway, I am a very satisfied customer..
Alleyantique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #7

2011 Rockwood 2604
Old 05-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #8

Being snarky isn’t helping and only reflects badly on you. If you displayed this attitude when you called Progressive it may explain the difference in support you received. It may also make a difference in who you talk to. I spoke to tech support and can’t say enough good about the service I received.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #9

Thumbs up

Kittlecat, thank you for passing along your experience. Last year, after buying our TT, a Progressive EMS was the first upgrade I did. I think it was shortly after that when word went out that Progressive was bought by some other company and concerns were raised as to how warranty issues would be settled. Your post is indeed some good news.

2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 w/Timbrens
5.3L V8 3.42 Gears Reg Cab 8' Bed
Curt Trunnion WD Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Waterops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyantique View Post
Being snarky isn’t helping and only reflects badly on you. If you displayed this attitude when you called Progressive it may explain the difference in support you received. It may also make a difference in who you talk to. I spoke to tech support and can’t say enough good about the service I received.
I'm genuinely happy for you. No snark intended. I really didn't intend any snark in the reply above. In my communication with Progressive, it was by email only. I sent a picture and description of what I had and asked what I could do. The reply was essentially, "It's toast. Don't use it" I asked if I could replace the female receptacle and was told that the unit is not serviceable. End of story. No snark. I promptly ordered a new hard wired one so I would not be unprotected and would not have to worry about the possibility of campground pedestals causing my plug to carbon up. It's already installed and I'm ready to go.
Perhaps I should have added a to the red headed step child picture. I had hoped others would "get it."
2011 Rockwood 2604
Old 05-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #11

On the 26th, I will relay your sentiments to a certain Supervisor, whom I helped create, and will visit on said date.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #12

I sent an email with a technical support question and then called when I didn’t receive an answer after several days. Apparently phone calls to tech support are the way to get the best service. Sorry I took your comment the wrong way.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyantique View Post
I sent an email with a technical support question and then called when I didn’t receive an answer after several days. Apparently phone calls to tech support are the way to get the best service. Sorry I took your comment the wrong way.
No problem. Rodney Dangerfield had nothing on me.[emoji1]
2011 Rockwood 2604