Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #1

possible replacments (MAYBE!!)

So, did a little replacement shopping the other day and if i buy anything i think i would lean more toward a 5th wheel. A couple i looked at was the Laredo 265rl which i saw that one in person at the dealer where i had bought the Flagstaff. What kinda turns me off on that one is that the bathroom sink and shower is on one side and then the toilet is in it's own little room on the opposite side of the bedroom. Not a big deal, but just dont care for. I notice that there are a lot set-up this way. The other model that i'm really liking is the Flagstaff 8526ws or the Rockwood 8265WS (exactly the same). This floorplan has the bath all in one room. I called RV wholesalers just to play around a bit and this is what they came up with.. the Laredo 265 rl =$24806.19 and the rockwood(they dont do flagstaff) came in at $26901.21.

I wasnt overly impressed with their pricing since my local dealer had the Laredo for 26,500 and that included buying and installing the 5th wheel into my truck.
i havent called my dealer to give me a price on the flagstaff yet but i'm thinking they they will come close to what RV wholsesales was offereing and if that's the case i just cant see how it's worth it to deal with an out of state company and then have to drive to Ohio to go pick it up.

I'm still not sure if i even WANT to replace the flagstaff at all. but if i do, i think something like one of these two would be what i was looking for.

Does anyone have the flagstaff 8526rlws and if so could you send me some pics of it? I really cant find too much on it and nothing on the rockwood 8265ws.
Erik
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #2

Have you checked with RVdirect.com? We bought our Georgetown from them and the whole process was excellent. Don't know if they deal in the 5ers or not but you can get an online quote immediately without phoning anyone.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #3

We bought our 31ts from our local dealer with the price within a few hundred dollars, which was less than the trip to pick it up and they will fix the things that go wrong with it. I have heard a lot of good and bad about both companies , on this forum and wildcat camper forum. We traded a tt for the fifth wheel and love the everything about it. Hope this helps.
jim&dianne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We've been looking at a Rockwood 8280WS. Of the 5 quotes we got (same list of options) RV Wholesalers was the highest. RV Direct was the lowest with pick up in Elkhart, Indiana ($1400 cheaper than RV Wholesalers).

Certainly worth shopping around. You can always use their pricing for leverage with the local dealers.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #5

My daughter called those type of bathroom set up a poop closet, and she is kinda right. Good luck on whatever you choose take your time and check out alot of different models its winter now so you dont have to be in a hurry to buy