Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #1

Prime time issues

We purchased a new 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1234 a little over a month ago from Dennis Dillon Rv in Westminster Ca. When we did the walk thru we found a bunch of things wrong, 25 things to be exact, and the dealer signed a promissory note that they would take care of those things. most of the stuff is minor and I could easily take care of it myself but it has to go back anyway and I feel like I shouldn't have to fix stuff on a brand new rig. Since taking delivery we have had it out twice and our list has grown. Last weekend we had it out and it was raining pretty hard on the way there. We noticed one of the lights in the ceiling was full of water. This is by far the biggest concern. I went on the roof and cant find anyplace where it's obviously leaking but it seems like the edge of the plywood under the roof is soggy. I decided to call yesterday to try to get it in sooner rather than later due to the leak. The service rep I talked to said they would only schedule 5 things per visit to fix. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This place is 100 miles from where I live, with a list up to 25 things that's 1400 miles of towing this thing in la traffic and god knows how much time they will have it. He said t email him the list and he would call me to make an appointment, which he hasn't yet. I know this is long but I need to vent a little and also ask a few questions.
Has anyone heard of a dealer limiting the number of items per visit? Are they really pedaling such a piece of crap that if they try to fix everything that the next guy would never get into the shop?
Next and most important to me is the water leak. my fear is that if they fix the leak I will still have delamination issues down the road. what are the chances tis concern will be addressed and or covered? I guess that's it for now, if you are still with me , thank you and I look forward to your comments.
Brian
big jim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim78 View Post
The service rep I talked to said they would only schedule 5 things per visit to fix.
Brian
#1 - You have to make every attempt to find and temporarily stop the leak.
#2 - I have never heard of the 5 things per visit rule. Can't help but laugh on that one.
#3 - You need to call the GM of the dealer and if that doesn't get anywhere.
#4 - Call or email the service rep listed on the Prime Time website "contact us" section and if that doesn't get you anywhere......
#5 - Email ownerrelations@forestriverinc.com
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #3

Update

I got a call back from Prime time today. He gave me a couple of names of local places I could take it so we'll see if they can at least take care of the leak soon. I haven't heard back from the dealer yet
Old 03-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #4

Have you heard of a dealer not doing warranty work on a unit they didn't sell. the only dealership I can get to talk to me doesn't want to work on it because they didn't sell it. One of the bummers is that they are locale and I tried to buy from them but they never had anything on their lot that suited my needs and never seemed interested in ordering something for me.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #5

Prime time issues

Yes, the only dealer required to do warranty work on your trailer is the selling dealer. You should call back the Primetime warranty dept and explain your situation. Maybe they can help.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Have you heard of a dealer not doing warranty work on a unit they didn't sell. the only dealership I can get to talk to me doesn't want to work on it because they didn't sell it. One of the bummers is that they are locale and I tried to buy from them but they never had anything on their lot that suited my needs and never seemed interested in ordering something for me.

Yes, there are a few dealers where I live that will not work on a unit that they did not sell, though I don't agree with it, nor do I think its a good business practice, but dealers do do this for whatever reason
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #7

Hey folks,
I look at quite a few forms and a lot of times I find someone with the same issue I'm having and there is no follow up. So here we go, I got in touch with Prime Time and a some one that would to spend the time to call me back. I think I found the water leak and it will be an easy fix. they mounted the A/C too far to one side so the gasket wasn't sealing the other side, i'll try to post a pic. It will cost me less than the fuel to take it to the dealer but it is still very frustrating to me. The question isn't if I can fix it but why should I have to on a brand new unit, oh well. I also have not heard back from the selling dealers service department after a week and multiple emails. There is still a bunch of small things I need them to fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160322_165649.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	102688  
Old 03-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Hey folks,
I look at quite a few forms and a lot of times I find someone with the same issue I'm having and there is no follow up. So here we go, I got in touch with Prime Time and a some one that would to spend the time to call me back. I think I found the water leak and it will be an easy fix. they mounted the A/C too far to one side so the gasket wasn't sealing the other side, i'll try to post a pic. It will cost me less than the fuel to take it to the dealer but it is still very frustrating to me. The question isn't if I can fix it but why should I have to on a brand new unit, oh well. I also have not heard back from the selling dealers service department after a week and multiple emails. There is still a bunch of small things I need them to fix.

Brian, I'm glad to see that you probably did find the source of your leak. I can see from your pic that they "missed the mark" when setting the A/C over the openings. I'm also happy you got in touch with the right person at Prime Time. I have never been "left hanging" with any of my correspondence with them. It looks, from your pic, that you are capable of taking care of many, if not all, of your issues should you choose. Since we full time and are no longer near by purchasing dealer, I chose to take care of my own rather than give up my unit to a dealer that doesn't care how long they keep it and not even finishing the 5 items (rediculous by the way) you wanted them to address.

From the sound of it, Prime Time should be your FIRST contact from now on. It appears that your dealer doesn't want to be bothered and need Prime Time to light a fire under their ***** to get you in & taken care of! Forward ALL your e-mails with your dealer to Prime Time and follow up with a phone call to your contact at PT. It sounds like he/she cares which one of their prime directives ...outstanding customer service! Give them a chance to get this right for you.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time