Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #41
geezer with gadgets

This might help...

2010 Driving Laws for the US and Canada

Happy camping!

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86 2018: 57 2019: 30
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #42

Where can I find the referenced "blue flame"?
rv for bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Buff, do a search for same. This "argument" is one of the top 3-4 arguments that are volleyed back and forth every month. I travel with mine on... always have. Others do not. Some quote laws for their state, county, city, province, municipality and apply them to all of us.
X2. Enough about who does and doesn't allow it. Just leave it on. How about anyone who has been pulled over and ticketed, chime in here and let us know. I'd love to hear your story and the am't of the fine.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv for bikes View Post
Where can I find the referenced "blue flame"?
Blue flame means the color of the burner. All propane burns with a slightly yellow tip. The more the yellow tip the more your going to soot the heat exchanger. Cause is not enough combustion air being mixed. As far as a refer there really is no ribbon burner it just a little (i'll call it a pad ) at the end which creates the heat. They are also not adjustable as a ribbon burner or know inshot burners. It's also non adjustable in your furnace. google adjusting propane furnace burners.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #45

I travel with mine on. Should I? probably not.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #46

I travel with mine on. ?? I only have to look at the propane truck that delivers my home propane -- He runs his truck on propane & carrying 2000 gallon of it !!!

He probably safer than a gas operated truck!! His truck has auto tank shut off if line gets torn loose. Our LP tanks are the same way.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #47

propane on while traveling

We had our propane on for a long trip and we burned out the thermal fuse in the unit. I suspect that the heat was redirected by the draft. The thermal fuse is a hard part to find in the unit and in the store.
Bocamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #48

We always leave on until we get near a tunnel.
DrippingDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Blue flame means the color of the burner. All propane burns with a slightly yellow tip. The more the yellow tip the more your going to soot the heat exchanger. Cause is not enough combustion air being mixed. As far as a refer there really is no ribbon burner it just a little (i'll call it a pad ) at the end which creates the heat. They are also not adjustable as a ribbon burner or know inshot burners. It's also non adjustable in your furnace. google adjusting propane furnace burners.
Trying to understand the propane - refrigerator operation. I assume there is a pilot light (blue flame), which ignites and runs a compressor? I do know that I need open the propane valve and push the button on my refrig. Not sure what is happening behind the scene which creates the cooling. Or where I can see the flame.
rv for bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #50

"I do know that I need open the propane valve and push the button on my refrig. Not sure what is happening behind the scene which creates the cooling. Or where I can see the flame."
There is a section on the forum about appliances, and if you read through them, there is also an article that explains how propane works in our refrigerators. No compressors, just gas and heat. Frig is colder on the bottom than top for instance.
Starts when you turn on propane flow, trigger the switch to make a spark several times and peek through the little hole at the bottom of stainless steel stack to confirm you have a flame.

Tags
propane