Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2017, 01:30 AM   #1

Protective Extended warranty

Anyone have any experience with Protective Xtraride Service program. Our dealer quoted is $1200 for a 7 year extended warranty through them that they offer. Seems pretty good but just wondering if any one have any experience.
The camper is a wildwood 175BH
bmcox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox86 View Post
Anyone have any experience with Protective Xtraride Service program. Our dealer quoted is $1200 for a 7 year extended warranty through them that they offer. Seems pretty good but just wondering if any one have any experience.
The camper is a wildwood 175BH
First of all. That's s very good price. Secondly, extra ride we had on our previous 5th wheel. They were prompt with my repair guy, he was impressed and easiest warranty company he'd ever worked with, and he was a former dealer as well.

I wonder if I could call your dealer and get a quote on my rig. I did that on a car I bought here in Minnesota and got the warranty from a dealer in Illinois. For that piece of mind I'd buy it.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

Two questions : 1) do you really think you will keep the same camper for 7 years, that means no RV trade shows, ever. 2) does this company have an Alaska service technician.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Two questions : 1) do you really think you will keep the same camper for 7 years, that means no RV trade shows, ever. 2) does this company have an Alaska service technician.
I think we will definitely have it for at least 7 years and Alaska does have a technician but we are moving to Iowa this summer.
bmcox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #5

I don't know about anybody else, but we trade generally every 4 to 5 years. Having said that, this 2017 may be our last one. We'll see of course. First is that we are of the age that I'll be in my upper 60s in 5 years. Which may be ok for one more. But if this one's a good one then why bother at that time of my life to take on more debt again?

Secondly, we've always moved up to more hi line trailers. The 5rs are really nice, but really don't suit our purpose since it's a seasonal spot queen. So we got the Cottage. And looking at tt's there's not alot more trailers that are higher line than this one. If anyone knows of any please let me know. I searched but didn't find anything. Would love to consider them as well, but based on what i know im not sure there are any. So where else would we go to to warrant another change? So yes. A 7 year extended would suit us very well. Even though of course I'd continue to go to rv shows. It's just fun to see what's out there!
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty