Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #1

Puma Unleashed Question

Hi all,

New to the Forest River club. I have a couple questions about my Puma Unleashed 351THSS. Mostly I have a quality question. So let me explain. Last fall I ordered the 351THSS, as others said it took way longer to get then projected. Wasn't concerned about that. My issues started when I was looking underneath. I found a bent frame. They knew it was bent when it went to the paint booth because they painted the tears in the metal. I found some other minor bent metal but I think that should be fine. One of the rear ramp door bolts was missing a nut. On the first trip out I noticed that the slide would not go out all the way at the bottom. The front was about 1.5 inches away from the wall and the back was 2 inches. I also noticed the back window of the slide had silicon caulk in a line smeared across it about 2 inches side and the outside trim on that window was mostly falling out. I also found out the back man-door would not stay shut unless the deadbolt was set. After I got home I cleaned out to take it to the dealer so he could look at it. The track for the front bedroom door had fallen off the ceiling. It would appear that it was never attached to anything other then the paneling.

Long winded I know.

Forest River made good on the frame by having a local welding shop fix it and reimbursed me for the cost. The dealer fixed everything but the slide. It is adjusted way better then before. Only about 1 inch gap front and back at the bottom.

So now you know my story, here's my questions. Did anyone else have problems like this or did i get a lemon?

I have pictures and videos.

Thank you,
Dan
remernorth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma