Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #1

Purchasing a Salem

Hi All,
New to the forum....I am looking at purchasing a Salem LE. It is from a private party. It's listed as a 2007 Salem Model 23T. He says it's 21', but I'm a little confused by it. I haven't looked at the title but I do have the VIN number. I'm trying to get a value on it at the NADA website. I don't know, I'm new to the "RV" stuff but the model 23T doesn't seem to add up when looking at the lengths, and the floor plans compared to this one.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to figure out if it really is a 2007 and figuring out what to put in the NADA website for the different options.
tojo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1st of all, welcome to the forum !!!

Looking at Archive.org, it looks like there were 2 T23 models during that time period manufactured for the Pacific Northwest area.

Which model ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	T23BHLE.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	14309 Click image for larger version

Name:	T23FBL.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	14310

If you have the VIN, the 10th digit will be the year.....7=2007.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #3

Thanks for posting that. It's the second one with the slide out. Just getting confused on the NADA website. Model numbers are different. On your post it shows exterior length as 25'10. He (the seller) said he measured it and it's 21'. I'm wondering if he measured the shortest length (top or bottom) instead of where it juts out. On the NADA website it has a 21' but the weight is way off from what your post says (4725)
tojo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The difference in lengths is probably the tongue. I think Forest River lists the total length of the trailer in their stats. If the present owner just measured the living area, then through in the bumper and tongue, and that might be pretty close to the 25'10".

I am hitting a dead end on NADA. It appears that they only list Midwest/East coast models, and the T23FBL is a Pacific Northwest model.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote