Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #1

Question - I own a 2017 FlagStaff 832 IKBS. It came with and has LIPPERT Ground Contr

Click image for larger version

Name:	1498141445623.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	142323
Old 06-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #2

thats a statement. Whats your question?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You'll need to post your question within the body of the reply box.
If you try to post a long sentence in the thread title, it can get cut off as it will only allow a certain amount of characters.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #4

Well I don't know what to the rest of my question. Guess my question was to long. I'll be back.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger D. View Post
Well I don't know what to the rest of my question. Guess my question was to long. I'll be back.
Roger D,Are you in the Sequel of the "Terminator"? Same thing that "Arnold" said! Youroo!!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #6

I always use this Lippert system in the Auto to level my TT. The tongue jacks is always off the ground. There's times the wheels are off the ground as was the case yesterday when this fellow camper said I was going to ruin the trailer that the Lippert Jacks system was only meant to stabilize the unit not left it. What say ye?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Roger D,Are you in the Sequel of the "Terminator"? Same thing that "Arnold" said! Youroo!!
Funny [emoji4]
Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #8

Rodger isn't your unit a (5) point system? Don't you only have (1) Tongue Jack that comes into play also during the "Leveling Process"? Youroo!!
Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #9

I have the four jacks and the tough jack. The tough jack does operate with the rest of the system. But after the jacks stabilizes the TT the tough jack is always off the ground.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Rodger isn't your unit a (5) point system? Don't you only have (1) Tongue Jack that comes into play also during the "Leveling Process"? Youroo!!
The electric jack on any travel trailer that was factory with the auto level feature uses the jack only as a jack. The leveling feet are beefed up versions of the stabilizers in the front and typical rear feet on a 5th wheel. The jack retracts during the leveling process and the whole trailer is using the feet for support. The jack and several wheels may be off the ground once competed.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibullsAN View Post
The electric jack on any travel trailer that was factory with the auto level feature uses the jack only as a jack. The leveling feet are beefed up versions of the stabilizers in the front and typical rear feet on a 5th wheel. The jack retracts during the leveling process and the whole trailer is using the feet for support. The jack and several wheels may be off the ground once competed.
Please forgive me I'm not sure what you said. Maybe my question wasn't clear since I did mess it up at the beginning, lol.. My TT is a 2017 FlagStaff, 832 IKBS. I have a Lippert Leveling System installed at the factory with auto leveling, (see the picture at the beginning of this thread). I'm just trying to find out if the auto level takes the wheels off the ground and the tough jack is not touching the ground or providing any support does that hurt/damage the TT in anyway at all and if so why would "auto level" be available at the control panel? Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #12

It's normal for the new travel trailers with auto level to have 1 or a set of wheels off the ground to be level. The frame is a larger version and is able to support the trailer with the heavier duty front levelers and the rear 5th wheel jacks. The trailer is actually more stable with 1 set of wheels off the ground in this scenario because 1/2 the tires and suspension is taken out of the equation and thus less sway, bounce and rock occurs. I posted the manual on another auto level topic for travel trailers. Give that a good read/review.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #13

Okay will do. Thanks
Old 06-24-2017, 10:09 PM   #14

I just read the manual you posted and all of the other comments posted. Guess Lippert wouldn't have put the "auto level" on the control panel if it wasn't supposed to be used. Thanks again, sure makes me feel better cause I never got that manual when I bought my TT.

Tags
flagstaff