Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #21

I fixed the microwave, I dropped it down and turned the motors around and now microwave blows outside though the vent. That was the easy part, now have to get help holding up the microwave while I put the 2 screws back in. That sure was easy

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #22

This is some pictures I took of the microwave taken down. To drop microwave you remove 2 screws from the top and that drops down the microwave, then you lift the microwave off the brackets at the back of microwave. Once down you take off the cover that's over the blower motors, 2 screws. Then you take out 2 screws that hold the motors with the fan, lift them up and turn around and then replace all the screws and mount the microwave back. Then both fan and microwave vent to the outside. The picture shows the screws that hold the motors in place. Any camper that has a vent in place you can make this and if you want to cut the hole in camper then you can. On my last Cedar Creek it came without a vent but with a diagram so you could make the cut yourself. On my current Cedar Creek it had a vent, what I wonder is why the factory did not turn the motors around so the fan would blow outside. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445180370.355427.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	92025Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445180388.828368.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	92026Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445180420.128370.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	92027Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445180443.456405.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	92029

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #23

Oooohhh! I get it. The microwave is ALSO the range top vent unit. The bottom of the microwave is the range top blower unit. Just didn't pick up on that in the beginning. I bet the light bulb just turned on for others here too.

Thanks for your posting and pics. Only way for all of us to learn.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent