Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #21

We have had several different ones over the years. Have called several times during flat tires and 2 engine problems. Never actually used any of them. By the time they said they would arrive, I either fixed it myself or made other arrangements.

I think it depends on where you are. Out west, the response time may be several hours. In a metro area, the response time may be more reasonable.

So our take on on roadside services is find the cheapest one that will tow your TV and your RV if you are dead in the water.

We currently use OnStar because it's integrated with our truck and it's no better or worse than any of the others.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:27 AM   #22

We added our Rockwood to our AAA Coverage (didn't cost all that much) and have been very happy with them. They've come to our rescue a few times and we've always been pleased.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #23

We have had AAA the GOLD PLAN with RV coverage for ages. In October driving down to Florida, the 5th Wheel tire blew on I 95 S in GA. We called AAA and they said they would send a repair truck and that I would have to pay the driver??? What do you mean "pay the driver", we have RV coverage - "no you don't", we sent you a letter in 2014 notifying you we are dropping RV coverage but for $35 xtra a year, you will have RV coverage!! WE NEVER RECEIVED THEIR LETTER (probably lousy temporary mail forward, lots of trouble with that). OK, send the truck we will pay. We see a truck coming up behind us and it's the GA DOT repair truck, kid says we change tires for free!! WELL HAVE AT IT!!! (FL does too). Had to call back AAA and cancel their repair truck but the lady reinstated our coverage for $35 over the phone and back dated it 7 days (usual waiting period), sent us new cards that say RV on the front! Lesson learned, looked into the Good Sam one, way more expensive than our Gold Card AAA.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:46 AM   #24

I have had Allstate road service (signed up through KOA) for over 20 years. It covers all my vehicles plus my 5th wheel. Used the tow service probably about 4 or 5 times, tire change four times and one tow with the 5th wheel where they had to send out two trucks. They towed the 5ther to a campground and truck to a repair facility. We have never had an issue or question with their service.
jayandmarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #25

FMCA Membership

FMCA Membership, in addition to offering Roadside Emergency Service, carries some other benefits which may warrant consideration including tire discounts (I saved $106 per tire for new Michelin's) and the FMCAssist Program which offers emergency medical evacuation/repatriation if 100 miles or more from home.

Check it out.
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #26

Roadside Emergency Service

FMCA Membership, in addition to offering Roadside Emergency Service ($69/year), carries some other benefits which may warrant consideration including tire discounts (I saved $106 per tire for new Michelin's) and the FMCAssist Program. The FMCA Membership includes at no additional cost to you, FMCAssist provides peace of mind knowing your family, pets, RV, and car will be returned home safely if something unexpected happens to you. FMCAssist also will provide coverage should you require transportation to a medical facility better suited to treat your specific medical condition. It’s important to note, though, that FMCAssist is not medical coverage and will not pay your medical bills. To learn more, visit
FMCA.com/FMCAssist. Check it out.
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #27

We've had Coach-net for three years. Our experience has been positive: one, a flat in park on Galveston Island on Easter Sunday. It took a while to find someone because of date and distance but worked fine. Another, a flat at a campground near Grand Teton. Finally, when new I had a problem that a phone chat solved. I'll be keeping it.
dav7158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
Coach-Net has saved our bacon a couple of times.
Coach-net
becida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to Magee
I think Escapees Club has just very recently began offering a roadside assistance insurance.
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #30

Good Sam Towing

My Lady friend and I were out Rock hounding Outside Aguila Arizona. After a day out in my RZR we trailered up and headed out to find a hotel, we got to the hiway and my pickup died. The fuel pump went out. I called Good Sam, to make a long story shorter they refused to tow my atv trailer. I was left on the side of the road for 4 hours while they called every tow agency in the area for the cheapest price. I had to pay $80.00 to the tow truck driver to tow the ATV trailer or leave it on the side of the road. That was my last day with Good Sam! AAA all the way.....
Boisegolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #31
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

Any plan is better then hoping you never need one.
I have used many different services and for me AAA for RV is the best.
2017 Honda Civic
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #32

We have Good Sam's and they helped us with 4 new tires on the side of I65 in the rain, in Alabama last year. Was never before so thankful.
dlambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlambers View Post
We have Good Sam's and they helped us with 4 new tires on the side of I65 in the rain, in Alabama last year. Was never before so thankful.
I just have to ask. What happened that you needed four tires from road side assistance? That is great that they took care of you, in any event.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #34

We have Good Sam Roadside assistance. We have nothing but good experiences with them. One time we had a leaf spring hanger break off on i65, they dispatched a mobile welder within a hour, and we were back on the road in 2 hours. I cant even imagine what we would have done. One phone call to Good Sam and it was done.