Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #1

Rear bumper concern & leaky shower!!

Just had a new suprise!! Noticed that the rear bumper had split next to the welds attaching it to the frame. Noticed that the bumper was not welded underneath and that a 1/2 inch gap was showing. Have appointment for dealer to repair. Dealer said that he might have to replace bumper. Has anyone had any similar experience with a fiver bumper. I also have concern with water leaking under the frame of the shower after it is used. You would that that caulk would solve problem but it hasen't yet! Any suggestions
Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglegs View Post
Just had a new suprise!! Noticed that the rear bumper had split next to the welds attaching it to the frame. Noticed that the bumper was not welded underneath and that a 1/2 inch gap was showing. Have appointment for dealer to repair. Dealer said that he might have to replace bumper. Has anyone had any similar experience with a fiver bumper. I also have concern with water leaking under the frame of the shower after it is used. You would that that caulk would solve problem but it hasen't yet! Any suggestions

No idea on the bumper. I would have to see some pics to get an idea as to what you are talking about.

As for your shower leaking water........ That needs to be taken care of PRONTO! Water leaks and RVs don't mix. Is it still under warranty? I'm guessing the water is coming from under the shower at the floor? There could be any number of places where the water is getting through the shower. The tub itself may have a crack in it. The faucet may leak while it's "on" behind the wall. Bad seal between the tub and the wall.... Have your dealer look at this as well while you've got your rig there.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #3

Are you certain that the shower is leaking?
Only asking as I replaced my shower head recently, and after the installation and testing, I noticed a small pool of water on the floor next to the shower.
As is my nature, I immediately jumped to the worst conclusion, and assumed that I had a hidden leak somewhere.
I cleaned it up and now think I had just sprayed/splashed some water since I haven’t noticed this again.
(Keeping fingers crossed, please no leaks, please no leaks, please no leaks…)
Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #4

I get jumpy too when it comes to water on the floor of my trailer....
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #5

The water leak is between the garden tub and the metal that encloses the glass door. I can see a small leak of water on the outside of the tub that trickles down the side. The water is pooling on the edge of the tub inside and running under the trim. The factory has caulking there but I believe the caulking has broken loose due to the seal not holding. I caulked around the tub but can't seem to get a seal.