Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #41

I went to Car Toys and had them put a backup camera on my truck and a rear-facing camera on the trailer. It's sure nice to see what's behind the trailer, both when I'm on the highway, as well as when I'm backing into a spot.
JeffPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Electra Glide View Post
Hello Folks,
I'm looking for a good rear view live traffic camera for my TT. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking around, just not sure which one would be the best. Any help would be appreciated. My TT is a Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL.

03 Electra Glide
I am using AMTIFO on my 34' 2015 Forest River Salem Hemisphere Lite w/2 Slides. Quite happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wjijr1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #43

Well, I went the simple way. I have a $29 Menards action cam with wifi and dash cam mode. I simply hooked a usb power cord to the tail lights. When the lights go on the camera goes on. I use an old smart phone as the receiver. Always seems to work.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Thanks for all the information from everyone. I'm still doing some research on the options that are out there. The information I'm getting from this site is great.
I have been very impressed with information people are willing to share. But that is what campes do is share information.
God bless.
another option that is better (at least from what i've found and seen) than the overpriced furrion camera system is something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S2Y1MNM

ran me about $130 and is a 1080p camera, the reviews say that the signal is bad but from my testing and dry runs with the camper (rockwood 232esp) and the camera mounted to the rear bumper near the spare is that the signal is fine for something like 30-35 ft for a always on rear observation camera.
that being said the system does seem a bit susceptible to stray interference at that distance (and through 26ft of steel frame and camper) so as some reviews suggested i got a 15ft SMA coax extension and just put a 1/4" hole in the edge of the bottom frame just before the atv deck and the signal is golden now, even in a spot at the end of my road that kills all cell phones like clockwork (and not from elevation, its a main intersection that is flat in all 4 directions for a good 50-150ft).

they do also offer a free second camera (the system can either switch or combine them to a split screen view) as well as a windshield mount in return for a review.

and if you have something longer than 35-40 ft they will also send a high gain antenna that has a 12ft coax cable on it so you can route it up and forward.

even before the coax extension, picture is crystal clear with bright and clear color and little to no lag or stutter on the image even at highway speeds.
after the extension there is zero stutter, image quality was never anything but clear (no static or washout).

the night vision is also quite good and i could easily see about 35-40ft in front of the camera in a flood light pattern.
Mechcondrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #45

I have 2020 Vibe and it was prewired for furrion camera I purchased a Haloview off Amazon and installed it myself very easy install great picture really happy with it. Depending on your setup you may need an adapter plate. YouTube can help with install if need be.
Blaine804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #46

Quote:
Yes my TT came prewired so it will be easier to install.

Prewired doesn't always mean prewired. Our Salem was prewired. It only had the bracket attached and no wiring. Dealer said oh sorry and would have to run wire from the inside of the trailer by drilling some holes. Forest River said they didn't prewire any of that year and model. I bought wire and connector from Furion and wired it myself. Before you assume, check for the wiring.
DLorenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:37 PM   #47

Wired system

I’ve have several wireless systems and was disappointed in all of them, including the Tadi Brothers units. Most of them were marginal on the highway but useless in city traffic because of all the interference from WiFi. I finally gave up and installed a wired unit with a higher resolution camera and monitor. It’s by far the best I’ve had and I highly recommend it, but it does require you to run cable all the way to the dash. Their customer service is also the best I’ve had in years.
Fookoo Ⅱ HD Backup Camera System... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JQ8ZQ39?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
JoePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:54 PM   #48

Back Up camera

I have a Furrion camera used very little, had on my 5er trading to a class C. Unit is posted on FR classified ads.
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEastTexas View Post
I have a Furrion camera used very little, had on my 5er trading to a class C. Unit is posted on FR classified ads.
Cant find the camara on the classifed
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #50

It's posted dated Oct 22.
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
Cant find the camara on the classifed
All you had to do was look at his posts number and it was the last one he had started.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...d.php?t=219224
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:43 PM   #52

I also bought and installed an Amtifo (on Amazon). I got the one that came with 2 cameras and this has worked out well for me. With 2 cameras and a 7" display it was still less than half of the Furion cost.

The one mounted up on the Furion shark fin mount gives me a clear view of the traffic behind me but didn't really let me see the bumper or corners of trailer. I created another power drop with waterproof plugs from the right rear tail light and then put a rare earth magnet on the second camera. Now I stick the 2nd camera on the rear bumper once I get to the CG and I can see everything clearly. I've even flipped it under the bumper and used it to back onto my Leggo blocks when DW wasn't there to guide me.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonogoingsolo View Post
I had the Rear observation by Furrion installed at dealer and am happy with it - I wanted the side cameras installed at the time but was told that my trailer isn't wired for them - if I buy the wireless cameras for the sides will they work with the 7" monitor that I use with the wired setup?
Dunno why it isn't wired for them, they use the same power feeds that the side markers do. I put them on mine. and yes, your 7" monitor will pair up to 4 cameras.

That said I rarely use the sides, I find the perspective a bit "off" since they're wide angle. If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now I'd pass on the sides.
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #54

I installed the Rear View Safety (RVS) on my TT back in 2018 with one camera and a 7” monitor. This is a wired system with a trailer quick connect. There is a wireless system too. I connected the power to rear marker lights. Just recently I added another camera and mounted to side of TT. I really have enjoyed the RVS system. Th rear camera does have a mic that helps out tremendously when backing up and I wired it so the cameras are always on when driving down the road. Click image for larger version

Name:	13F44A92-4B32-43A0-AD5F-F0CEC7F7D30E.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	242760

Click image for larger version

Name:	FEA43A54-EEAF-42AE-940F-5DACABEB3E28.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	242761
FreedomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #55
gciceman

I got this one from Amazon. Seller LeeKooluu says on site they will send you an adapter and pigtail for the Furion prewired system. After I received the camera, I shot an email to the seller requesting the adapter/pigtail, which they sent right away.

The unit works great. Good picture.
I haven't had any problems with the signal. I'm pulling a 30 foot tt with a GMC Sierra.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gcisom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:19 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Many opt for the cheaper and better Haloview camera system. They make a Furrion adapter.
+1 for the Haloview. I tried a Tadi Brothers "HD" system and was extremely disappointed. I'm running 3 cameras (rear and two side) on the Haloview and couldn't be happier.
kwindrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #57

We purchased this at Amazon

[QUOTE=03 Electra Glide;2444264]Hello Folks,
I'm looking for a good rear view live traffic camera for my TT. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking around, just not sure which one would be the best. Any help would be appreciated. My TT is a Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL.

03 Electra Glide
AMTIFO FHD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera with 7'' Touch Key DVR Monitor High-Speed Rear Observation System for Trailers,5th Wheels,Motorhomes,Campers Split Screen Stable Signal-A8
Very clear picture, large screen, easy set up. We’ve had no problems with ours. The only downside, or I think upside is there’s no voice. I’m truly happy that he can’t hear what I’m truly saying, lol. We have walkie talkies so I’m not yelling at the camera backing him in some weird spaces. We looked at Furrion it was such a small screen we really couldn’t see anything. We purchased the adapter plate to hook up on the prewired system. Having any kind of backup camera driving and parking is worth everything.
Disanddat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #58

I had the Furrion camera that came with the camper, it was not the observation one. First one died. Second one would lose reception at times. So I replaced it with the RVS wired system. I have 2 side cameras and a single read camera. Not cheap, but very reliable.

When you put on your signal lights, it switches to the side camera on that side. Otherwise has the rear camera. You can get a different version that will show all camera's at once.

It is not easy to install as you have to run wires through your trailer and your tow vehicle.

I did have one problem with it. The cable that goes from the TV to the trailer has to be firmly connected with the holding ring tight. If not, the connectors get flakey and you have to replace the cable. I was unable to find just the connector.

During the installation I ran into an issue where you have to connect wires to the signal lights in the TV. I connected then to the trailer signal light connection. Well those lights go on with the brake lights and it would confuse the control panel into thinking a signal light was on. I had to tap in to the wires going to the front signal lights and then it worked fine.
Their customer service is quite helpful.
shelkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #59

Camera

I installed a set wired to power up off the parking lights and have never used them other than immediately after instalation. Thought they would be helpful backing up the 48' gooseneck but I just can't take my eyes off the mirrors long enough to study the pictures. Waste of time and money when you are used to mirrors, just my opinion.
Rubbercooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #60

Do u still have it and how much And does it come with adapter
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera