Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #1

rear view cameras for TT.

Hello Folks,
I'm looking for a good rear view live traffic camera for my TT. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking around, just not sure which one would be the best. Any help would be appreciated. My TT is a Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL.

03 Electra Glide
03 Electra Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #2

Welcome from New Jersey, Do you know if your unit came prewired for a camera? It would have a black shell shaped piece top center in the back of the trailer, Otherwise you will have to run wires etc,Furion has one ,There is another brand,I'm sure someone here will know it.
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #3

I use a Furrion back observation camera, which stays on the whole time, and I think it great. The camera wires into the trailers running lights so they need to be on in order for the camera to work but simple to wire. Im not sure about other brands but I would definitely go with Furrion again.
Cidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #4

Yes my TT came prewired so it will be easier to install.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #5

Thanks for the information I will look into that one.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #6

Real easy set up, i would get the observation camera, Its on the entire time as long as its plugged into the tow vehicle and running lites are on
Old 11-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #7

What mod. number Furrion Observation do you have?
Old 11-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #8

Fos48ta bl
Old 11-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #9

Thanks for the additional information I will check into it.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:12 PM   #10
StlClay

Before you make decision, check out Tadi Bros. Met them at a show and have dealt with many times. Great line up of camera products at good prices and good technical assistance.

2014 MiniLite with
Nissan Frontier
Stlcaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #11

Thanks for information I will Definitely check them out.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidewayz View Post
I use a Furrion back observation camera, which stays on the whole time, and I think it great. The camera wires into the trailers running lights so they need to be on in order for the camera to work but simple to wire. Im not sure about other brands but I would definitely go with Furrion again.
I also have a Furrion camera system and I am not pleased with it. I can not get a clear picture on the monitor, fuzzy at best. I've done everything I can think of to correct the problem, but no success.

I will look at these guys in the Spring for my next setup:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #13

I am another that has been disappointed by the Furrion system. We put one on our trailer mostly due to the convenience of it being prewired. But the size of the display and picture quality are not good. I should have done more research prior to purchasing because there is some many better options at a fraction of the price. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM796 View Post
I am another that has been disappointed by the Furrion system. We put one on our trailer mostly due to the convenience of it being prewired. But the size of the display and picture quality are not good. I should have done more research prior to purchasing because there is some many better options at a fraction of the price. Just my 2 cents.
Yes sir on the price! I paid close to $400 bucks for my Furrion. I expected it to last longer than 3 years.....
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I also have a Furrion camera system and I am not pleased with it. I can not get a clear picture on the monitor, fuzzy at best. I've done everything I can think of to correct the problem, but no success.

I will look at these guys in the Spring for my next setup:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera
I have the FOS48TPAK-BL model, but I know technology can be hit or miss. My 5th is 35ft, I've been lucky cause I haven't had any issues with it. I've noticed that the prices for Furrion are getting higher, maybe more options out there will bring em down.
Cidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #16

Jumping in...

I had the Rear observation by Furrion installed at dealer and am happy with it - I wanted the side cameras installed at the time but was told that my trailer isn't wired for them - if I buy the wireless cameras for the sides will they work with the 7" monitor that I use with the wired setup?

2020 Puma 257RESS
2020 Ram 2500 4 X 4
Centerville, Texas
Living to work and Working to live!
Sharonogoingsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:02 PM   #17

Haloview Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Electra Glide View Post
Hello Folks,
I'm looking for a good rear view live traffic camera for my TT. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking around, just not sure which one would be the best. Any help would be appreciated. My TT is a Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL.

03 Electra Glide
I suggest doing a quick forum search for answers to your question. Lots of information in past posts about comparing the various options out there. Haloview seems to get the most positive comments. They even make adapter plates for the Furrion premounts like your TT has.
I didn’t know this when we got our new Forest River TT early last year so I just got the standard Furrion unit. It worked but the monitor that came with it was too small 4.3” display. I ordered a larger 7” display from Furrion. Much better! But I’m still not thrilled with the view as I’m driving. It is such a wide angle lense (to give wide field of view) that you really can’t tell someone is behind you until they are pretty close. I don’t know if Haloview cameras are better in that regard. I’ve asked others in this forum but haven’t found anyone who has made that direct comparison.
Good luck with your search!
Old 11-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #18

I knew there we're others ,I just couldn't remember them, I've had my unit for 4 years and 2 different trailers, never an issue ,
Old 11-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #19

Thanks for all the information from everyone. I'm still doing some research on the options that are out there. The information I'm getting from this site is great.
I have been very impressed with information people are willing to share. But that is what campes do is share information.
God bless.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #20

What I have is a Furrion camera. It is nice to have for safety. As you travel and passing a car or truck then you know you are clear to move back over. Another thing, in a very heavy down pour rain and the side mirror can't see any car or truck going to pass you but you can see that they are approaching you to pass. For the back up part, when backing up the driveway I know when to stop near the garage or the campsite.
Stevevermont is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera