Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #1

registering items in RV

Well just found out by Big-Foot that I should have registered the system within 30 days of receiving the RV. Here we go again with this dealer leaving crap out that we should have been told!!! It is Mike Thompson in CA, I will not ever recommend them!!! I am about to just call the bank and tell them come and get this thing. We are so fed up with this Rv / Dealer.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
Site Team

Did Big-Foot tell you that it hadn't been registered?
If the dealer agreed to register your equipment then they should make it right.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #3

reg

no we had idea about this. They are very sad when it comes to doing things there.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #4

Didn’t you look through the paperwork that came with your purchase and all the registration cards for the various components? Unless dealer specifically said they would register the components with the various manufacturers then it is a buyer responsibility. I suspect very few dealerships take the time and effort to file component registration forms.
Alleyantique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
llr

My understanding is manufacturers can't deny warranty coverage based for not registering a product. You will need to prove purchase date for coverage.

Philkaty, you said they stated you should have registered. Are they denying anything?
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
Site Team

So now the question is, what was the issue that predisposed you being told about having to register the levelers?

And also, were you denied warranty because you didn't register it?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #7

reg

The dealer just put the manuals in a drawer and said here they are nothing about registering anything. Big Foot said no problem just go online and do it. their customer service is great!!! thanks for all the feed back.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #8
Site Team

I'm glad they are honoring the warranty.

The dealer we purchased from told us up front that they would assume the responsibility of registering ALL the items in our RV when we bought it or that we could do it ourselves. We opted to have them do it and we received a paper that listed all the equipment and appliances that they were responsible for registering. It also had model and serial numbers on it for everything.

More dealers should do that or at very least should have a packet of all the registration forms that you need to fill out and hand it to you and tell you that it's your responsibility to do it. I'm sorry that yours didn't do that.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #9

The only reason they want you to register the warranty is so they can sell your private information for a profit. Registration is not required for a warranty. Proof of purchase is.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Enjoying Life

The federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act specifically prohibits the requirement to register a product to receive warranty service. The act says the only requirement is to show proof of purchase. So, with your build sheet or a list of model serial numbers of the products in your unit, you are good to go. Now they can "ask" for you to register and many give incentives to do so but they can not refuse a warranty because you did not send in the card. Don't let them tell you otherwise and get what you are entitled.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #11

Warranty cards

Our dealer said they don't do warranty cards anymore. We went ahead and got the serial numbers off the items and went online and registered them all anyway. We did get a thank you back from Big Foot.

These dealers nowadays don't do anything to help the customer. You are lucky if you have a dealer that does.

We have our 2018 Sunseeker at a different dealer getting the air bags checked out as we couldn't put air in one of them. This should have been checked and when we asked they said they were fine. Won't go back to original dealer!
LinCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by llr View Post
My understanding is manufacturers can't deny warranty coverage based for not registering a product. You will need to prove purchase date for coverage.

Philkaty, you said they stated you should have registered. Are they denying anything?
X2 I believe the main reason for manufacturers including the registration forms is so that they can add your name to their mailing list for future promotions. 😉
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
X2 I believe the main reason for manufacturers including the registration forms is so that they can add your name to their mailing list for future promotions. 😉
Exactly. We have never filled out any registration forms for anything on our last five RVs. Never had any problems getting warranty from manufacturers.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote