Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
Topt, Retired Army (2004)

Remodeling - Removed Dinette Booth and Sleeper Sofa

A couple of questions for you pros:
- Where in the walls can I drill/screw to attach braces for new bar/table I'm installing?
- Where in slideout floor can I drill/screw for stabling braces? Both the dinette and sofa had 2 or 3 inch screws into the floor.
- How do I fix the holes in the slideout wall where I removed the items?

I'm doing this in my 2017 268RKS FR VIBE.

Follow-on...How do you know what outlets or appliances are being run by your inverter when dry-docking?

Thanks!

bvjbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #2

If there is a window there should be vertical “studs” on each side of the window. If the old holes are of screw size you can get plastic caps to cover the holes. They come in various colors or you can paint them. If they are on the wood grain vinyl you can get small round wood grain stickers that will conceal the holes. I used them in a cherry finish and they look great. The only way to verify which outlets are used for the inverter is to plug something into each outlet.
Falconman is offline   Reply With Quote