Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #1

Removing TV from 2004 Georgetown

AGH!
I cannot figure out how to remove the old, heavy, outdated TV from the front of my Georgetown. It seems to be really jammed in there inside a metal frame. There does not seem to be any room to slide it out, I'm not even sure that it's attached to the metal frame. Even after removing the front wood frame, I can get it to slide up and back an inch or so but no way it's going to slide past the metal frame or the ceiling in a forward direction in order to come out. Any ideas?
I've read this thread http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...own-29851.html
but I can't find the tie-down screws.
I've attached photos and would love it if anyone has any insight!
Thanks in advance,
Nadja

nadjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #2

No replies in 24 hours leads me to believe that there are a lot of old TV's in 2004 Georgetowns! But I thought I should unveil my findings so that the next time a frustrated Forest River owner attempts to remove their TV, they may benefit from my self-acquired (with the help of a friend) knowledge. BTW, FR only has ONE person who is able to answer questions such as this one and after 24 hours, I am still waiting for Him to return my call.

Here is what you need to know:
Remove the decorative wood frame in front of TV enclosure. Remove back vented panel (near windshield).
Remove the screws on the back of the padded vinyl cover (photo 1 from previous post).
Remove the screws from the front of the padded vinyl cover (photo 3 & 4) that attach the padded vinyl frame to the metal frame. The entire padded enclosure surrounding the metal frame that is actually holding the TV will fall out(photo 1 here).
After you remove the wood frame (the padded vinyl enclosure) the metal frame is exposed and this can be unscrewed so that the TV slides out.
Do not try to slide the TV out without removing the padded frame (source of much frustration), as you cannot access the screws without doing this part.

And if you have any trouble, please feel free to reply or contact me privately.
Good luck!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #3

I subscribed to this thread because I will be in your shoes some day. I was also hoping for other responses. Your info will help a lot when the day comes. Please post how you mount you're new TV. Thanks

2004 Georgetown 326DS
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #4

Ha- apparently mounting the new (temporary) TV is more difficult than I anticipated. What's funny is that in a 10-year old coach, the technology is so antiquated. I am installing a TV I already own, a flat screen 22". Eventually, I'd like to purchase a flat screen that will fit the space better (bigger), but until then I have to assemble a new structure so that this one doesn't fall out of the monster opening. If I wasn't convinced before, I am now that motor homes are not designed or built to live this long. Photos to follow upon completion.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Anacortesians

We have an '02 325. In ours you can get to the face of the cabinet behind the widshield, by sitting on the top of the dash. Ther's an access panel where you can get to the tiedowns and remove the trim round the "front" of the TV set, the set should then pull out into the area above the doghouse.

We probably won't bother with a conversion as we don't even have flat screen sets in the S&B and we rarely watch TV when we're in the MH. It's just dead weight 95% of the time.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #6

I did mine

I Have a 2004 325se that I removed the tube TV and installed a 32" led. You have to open the access panel on the windshield side of the TV enclosure. The screws are under little snap on covers. I can send you photos of how I built the mounting and modified mine tomorrow if it will help. Email me if I can help out. Ebourlet@gmail.com.com
Eric Bourlet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown