Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #1

Removing wheel covers on Georgetown

2014 FR Georgetown with wheel covers that that 3 nuts on each wheel have been put on by the jolly green giant when he was on steroids.

I am going to be adding some TPMS on the 6 tires but the current valve stems need to be relocated or replaced before any of the sensors will fit.

To do this I need to get the wheel covers off and noticed on some YouTube videos the cover on the actual nuts come off but on other videos they don't remove the individual nut covers. The FR supplied tool is no where near strong enough to remove these nuts with or without their covers which also don't seem too easy to remove without damaging the nut covers or wheel covers.

Was looking at getting a torque multiplier wrench to remove the nuts and would like any feed back as to if these wrenches must have the nut covers removed and if so how the heck to do that.

Seems these torque multiplier wrenches can only be obtained via online stores and I need to move quickly for an upcoming trip.
wurlitzer28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, georgetown, wheel