Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #1

Repair shoppe

We have a 2008 Forest River Rockwood pop-up camper. The toilet cassette is stuck and we cannot get it out of the camper. Anyone know of a good repair place in Fort Worth? I don't want to take it back to where we bought it, they did a horrible job with the make ready and teaching us how everything works (it is used).
thehallfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I see this is your first post so

If you don't get any specific recommendations here, you can also try calling Rockwood directly and asking them for service centers in the FW area.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean its stuck?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the welcome. This was our first time to take it out and when we used the toilet, it leaked. When my husband took out the cassette, he noticed that it was not getting a good seal to the toilet. We think the prior owners did not condition the seal on the cassette. So when he put the cassette back in, he pushed it to far back and now it is stuck and won't come back out. He thinks it might be caught on something, but we cannot figure out how to get it out and no amount of pulling on it worked.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Site Team

you need to call the toilet's manufacturer or visit their website.
the cassette toilet isn't made by FR but by another company.
just like the fridge, water pump, canvas, stove, converter and so on.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #5

We already called them and they told us we would have to take it to a repair shoppe.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry hallfamily. I'm still not picturing it. Is this like a Thetford portable with the two halves jammed together (but still portable) or is the toilet wedged into a space in the camper and you can't get it out?

By the way, if it is a thetford, they have repair shops listed by city on their website.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #7

It is a Thedford 402c Cassette toilet. It is built in, not a portable. If you look down in the toilet now the "hole" of the cassette is half way past where it needs to be to line up with the "hole" of the toilet. But we can't get it to come back out the inch or so needed to line up again.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ouch. I can picture it now and see why the force could cause some damage. Here's a schematic that might help you fix it yourself.

I still think your best bet is to contact Thetford. Have you checked out the "Ask Thetford" part of the website? Or you can go here for their Service Centers.

It's a long shot, but I had a marine portable one on a sail boat that needed to be lubricated. Our cassette seal was jammed once from sitting unused for a year and I used silicon spray to loosen it - in case you haven't already tried that. Good luck.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #9

Thanks, we will try that.