Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2021, 08:14 AM   #1

Reserve America- FL parks

I am trying to get on the Reserve America Florida State Park system for the past 2 days. Now I get an e mail saying to change my password but keep getting error message so I can t log in. Anyone else having problems ???
ronrox18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:31 AM   #2

The Florida Park System has taken over from Reserve America... I just found this out last night looking for a FL campground.

I cannot seem to be able to create an account
error saying my address is not on file with the US Postal service

https://reserve.floridastateparks.org/Web/

just tried calling 1-800-326-3521 FL reservations and current wait time is over one hour

don't you love PROGRESS?

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #3

I just tested RA, and yes, something is awry. I drilled down to Oscar Scherer State Park, and got a note that RA doesn't do reservations for it. I was there two weeks ago, and RA was the only way to reserve it. Suggest you call RA directly.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:52 PM   #4

I just made reservations for Oregon State Parks on Reserve America yesterday. No problems at all. But it was for a spot needed in a state park that is nestled on a narrow piece of land between a busy interstate highway and very active railroad tracks, with a railroad crossing right there in the state park. I wonder why half the spots were still open?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:22 AM   #5

Yes. It s a mess. Says my e mail not on file but yet asks for email address to login evertime. Cannot access my account and will not show any of my upcoming Florida reservations that where confirmed months ago. Guess they never heard the phrase- if
It ain t broke doen t fix it
Old 05-30-2021, 05:41 AM   #6

Update- I think it is working now. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 05-30-2021, 06:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrox18 View Post
Update- I think it is working now. Keeping my fingers crossed

https://reserve.floridastateparks.org/Web/Default.aspx
Old 05-30-2021, 06:39 AM   #8

Ohio went through this last year when the state took over the reservations from RA. Some emails did not transfer into the new system, mine was one of them. I had to call the state and they were able to get everything working again. All my reservations from RA did transfer over luckily.

Wish you the best of luck!!
phipps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:56 AM   #9
Site Team

It's working for me.
FYI you have to reset your password using your email.

I haven't tried but I guess the RA app on my phone won't work for FL parks now.... I don't suppose they'll (Florida parks) have an app for that?

THANKS for the heads up!! I was not aware of the change.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #10

FL Parks reservation system must have been having problems these past few days, but as of Sunday morning they seem to be resolved... I can now get in and see my reservations where I could not even login two days ago.

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 05-30-2021, 09:15 AM   #11

So I tested RA again and got the same rejection. Went to the FL site and looks like that's where we need to go. Would have been nice for RA to notify its users, but they're probably pissed they lost the contract.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:54 PM   #12

This is the new reservation site for Florida State Parks.

https://reserve.floridastateparks.org/Web/Default.aspx

It is only for Florida though.

I do not like this new webpage so far. I liked the old option of looking for sites within a 2-4 week flexibility. This new site is very confusing. It would have been nice to keep the new setup similar to the big Reserve America site which we are used to and add their improvements to that style. I'm just glad I made most of my Florida state park reservations already and that they are still there.
I guess this old dog will have to learn some new tricks.
jwalt313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #13

Florida State Parks-Reserve America system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrox18 View Post
Yes. It s a mess. Says my e mail not on file but yet asks for email address to login evertime. Cannot access my account and will not show any of my upcoming Florida reservations that where confirmed months ago. Guess they never heard the phrase- if
It ain t broke doen t fix it
Reserve America does no longer make reservations in the State of Florida. They have gone to a different reservation system. Not sure if all the accounts switched over to the new system, but if you had reservations prior to the switch over, they will be honored for your time frame. Best to call the state park in which you reserved to verify. Good Luck!
Old 05-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #14

So fl parks has taken over from R A. Sounds like the same crew that manages the fl unemployment system
KingJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:43 PM   #15

So I did not know about this switch, Thanks! i tried to make reservations in FL in JAN of this year for April. I could not find more than two consecutive days at any of ten parks. Decided to to to Grand Isle in LA. Rained 12 of 20 days and the beach was NOT like FL. I visited the new website to try to make reservations for April '22, but was unable, and cannot figure out the advance reserve window, any insight into that?

-------------------------------------------------

2021 Palomino Hybrid 147X Off Road
2015 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel w/Tow Package
ddeanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #16

Quote:
I visited the new website to try to make reservations for April '22, but was unable, and cannot figure out the advance reserve window, any insight into that?
I tried to make reservations for October... I could find no parks with more than two days in the same spot with openings.

I suspect that the 11 month reservation window is still in effect as it has been for years... that is as of today, 5-30 you can make a reservation starting 4-29-2022 but nothing later then that... I suspect that you found that all of APRIL, 2022 is already filled up.

You MUST be online at 8 AM of the exact day 11 months in advance you want to arrive at a camp to have any chance at all of finding any consecutive days. 8:10 AM is too late.

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 05-30-2021, 04:39 PM   #17

Reserve America reservations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I tried to make reservations for October... I could find no parks with more than two days in the same spot with openings.

I suspect that the 11 month reservation window is still in effect as it has been for years... that is as of today, 5-30 you can make a reservation starting 4-29-2022 but nothing later then that... I suspect that you found that all of APRIL, 2022 is already filled up.

You MUST be online at 8 AM of the exact day 11 months in advance you want to arrive at a camp to have any chance at all of finding any consecutive days. 8:10 AM is too late.
If you previously had an account with the old system, you need to log into that account using your email addy, then click "Forgot Password" and it will direct you to change your password to a new password. They will send you an email to change your password and after doing so, your account is reset and you can login to make reservations. Also the NEW number to contact them is...........800-326-3521... between 8am - 8pm Eastern time. hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #18

This is the message you get when you try to log in to the new site:

EXISTING CUSTOMER
PLEASE READ: HELPFUL IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON FIRST TIME LOGIN AND ACCOUNT CREATION
If you had an account under the previous Florida State Parks reservation system, but DO NOT have a reservation with an arrival date after May 24, 2021, please create a new account.
If you made a reservation under the previous system for an arrival date after May 24, 2021, you do not need to create a new account. Please click FORGOT PASSWORD below or click here and follow the instructions sent to your email on file to reset your password. For new customers who haven’t created an account with Florida State Parks before: please create an account by following the link here or at the bottom of this window under ‘New Customer’.

When I tried to log in it didn't recognize password from my reserveamerica account. I clicked "forgot password," they sent a code to reset my password. Once logged in I could view my current reservations.
Mikeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:38 PM   #19

I encourage everyone that is not happy with the new Florida State Park reservation system, to go to their homepage and connect with them on Twitter, or other social media sites, and Direct message them with you opinion of this change. I find that is not user friendly, lacks information and is frustrating to use.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #20

I found out the change via trial and error a few days ago. Setup an account on the FL State Park website and made reservations at a park for 9 days in September. Process was fairly smooth.
Pick a park and a date range. It will show the campsites with availability markers for about a 10 day range. You can expand the "calendar" to show a larger date range. (Sorry for the vagueness; recalling this from a foggy memory) Good luck, y'all.
mokershner is offline   Reply With Quote