Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
that address doesn't work..tried different forms of it,no luck
as for Forest River i'm in my 2nd year with my Rockwood sig. ultra lite and i have only had 1 problem. that was to replace the converter. i got it from my dealer who had 1 in stock,and i replaced it myself. as for other manufacturers,i'm sure they all have their problems

There are different ways to get there, but here is a short cut....
WWW.rvnetwork.com
This will take you right to the Discussion Forum.
When I first posted the link.....escapeesrv.com, I made a mistake at the end of...escapees you leave the RV out then at the .com
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

We had a couple of minor initial issues with our SV235RKS which the dealer promptly and thoroughly handled. We pulled 7,000 miles and spent 40 nights in it since with no troubles whatsoever. Couldn't be more pleased. Sometimes I think it is the luck of the draw and how thorough your dealer is with pre-delivery. Shorewood RV in Minnesota did an awesome job for us.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #23
" LIVE TO FLYFISH "

I agree , It's luck of the draw , And I may be the only one to have problems , so I understand that.
I was lokking around it yesterday , and thought even with the problems , this is a nice unit , and I'm loking forward to using it alot! I probably would still look at forest river , when it's time for a new one!
timtheflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #24

That type of craftsmanship would piss me off as well. I'd make a list of everything that I found wrong and would have the dealer fix it. If they are any type of a good reputable dealer they will take care of everything but it is a frustrating and waste of time. Better to get the stuff fixed now versus later. I know when I got mine I spent the first week or two fixing things on my own or having the dealer fix them. I'm finally at a point were I'm happy now.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #25
SandPiper 345 QB

I have taken my sandpiper in twice to get the black tank flush repaired.
Both times theyn said it was repaired but each time it did not work. ( St Michaels RV )
I finally went under the unit to do it myself.
The front flush hose was installed between the floor and the steel joist. I installed a new hose and removed there crap back flow preventer and drilled larger holes in the flush unit works great now.
The back flush has some water coming out but I will have to drop the tank to get to it. I may install an after market to the rear tank.
They installed the fush at the low end of the tank I would think you would want to force the debris out of the tank?
Overall I'm happy with my unit the AC unit has been replaced twice in two years the life span is about 80 hrs of run time, but Dometic did replace it both times with no charge to me.
IIFID is offline   Reply With Quote