Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARhappycamper View Post
Anyone have this model and do you like it ? Experiences ? Think I will give it a whirl.

It works great and does the job fine. I used my at home when I clean my tanks. I have septic tank at the house and dump the tank here. However, I have never use it during any dry camping. I purchase one because I cannot reach house septic tank nor you want to drive over.
ramosans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:42 PM   #62

I wouldn't buy anything larger than a 20 gallon tank if you're planning to dump it periodically. I ordered a 32 gallon portable tank hoping to empty it about once a,week.
The thing I hadn't considered is that water alone weighs about 8 lbs/gallon. 8 X 32 = really heavy and difficult to manage.
forestwendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Big sticker on my bumper tells me that my chassis warranty will be voided if I attach anything to it.
Warranty? There's a warranty?

I've never had to even check into that. Of course I don't fabricate a 500# rack to carry a Harley on the back bumper either

I do have a generator on a GennyGo platform with Safety Struts reinforcing the bumper.

The sticker is there to shed warranty liability due to people not using common sense.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #64
Trailer Park Supervisor

Empty 28g cart is 43 lbs, it is seriously heavy for a piece of plastic. You would think a 'bumper' could support that.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:34 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Empty 28g cart is 43 lbs, it is seriously heavy for a piece of plastic. You would think a 'bumper' could support that.
I would but you know how the conversation goes on forums. Everything from the "voids your warranty stickers" to posts saying how bumpers are made out of gum wrapper foil keeps people from applying common sense.

Funny how the factory puts these warnings on, probably by the same guy who installs the heavy spare and mount on the bumper.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #66

Rhino tank

Bought mine a year ago. Have only used it twice, but handy to have when needed. The first time I used it one of the wheels fell off and tank dragged until it had a hole in it. I called the company and they sent me a brand new one. So.. they stand behind their products. Works very well. Store it in my truck bed, but many hang it on their ladder on the rear of the RV.
delaware dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:50 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware dave View Post
Bought mine a year ago. Have only used it twice, but handy to have when needed. The first time I used it one of the wheels fell off and tank dragged until it had a hole in it. I called the company and they sent me a brand new one. So.. they stand behind their products. Works very well. Store it in my truck bed, but many hang it on their ladder on the rear of the RV.
There's Youtube video on the fix for the wheels. Involves drilling holes in the axle and securing wheels with cotter pins. Obviously a known problem, so not sure why Camco doesn't just fix it at the factory.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
There's Youtube video on the fix for the wheels. Involves drilling holes in the axle and securing wheels with cotter pins. Obviously a known problem, so not sure why Camco doesn't just fix it at the factory.
After the axle problems arose, CAMCO did re-design the axle ends so that is no longer an issue. My Rhino has the new style.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping(2015), 45(2016), 42(2017)37(2018), 38(2019), 37(2020), 21(2021)
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
After the axle problems arose, CAMCO did re-design the axle ends so that is no longer an issue. My Rhino has the new style.
Good to know. Thanks. Mine was bought about a year ago. Saw the video and got the cotter pin fix done before ever using it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #70

Rhino user

i have Rhino 21 gal. Works well. very sturdy. Comes complete with all the necessary attachments. As with most of these-the height off the ground of your gray/black valves is usually not much higher than the height of the Rhino when horizontal.
Another words -sometimes you may be trying to have effluent run up hill.
They are heavy when loaded but I did not have a problem lifting up and placing tow bar over hitch. Then it is easy to drive to dump station-go slow.
Additionally you do not need to fill the tank. Maybe just 10 gals or so to buy you a few more days untill departure. That said-I usually parially drain my black tank and then run some of my gray tank to rinse out hose. It ends up full.
manndc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank