Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2017, 03:54 PM   #1

River's End Campground Tybee Island

Has anyone been to the River's End Campground in Tybee Island GA? Been looking at the website and it looks like a pretty descent place. Just want to see if anyone else has any input.

Thanks and safe travels.
rcarbaugh524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #2

We were there a year ago and really liked it. It's not big, but it's walkable to the beach, which is what we wanted. We didn't use the bath house, but the pool was decent and they had a good workout room. The people in the store were really nice. At the time, they were paving it. We were not there for the finished product, but it seemed it would be easier to maneuver. Some of the sites were right off the road and it was kind of hard to figure out where your site ended and the road began. It is the only campground near the beach in the area, so there is no real alternative if you are interested in the beach and lighthouse. We had planned to go again this summer but had to cancel due to other travel conflicts and twins who needed to take driver's ed.
DBplus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

We were there a couple of years ago I think around the fall of 2014. I know this is highly rated park but in my very humble opinion I would rather stay at a KOA than there agin.

We had a pull thru 50 AMP site full hook up. The only way I could get out of that site was to backup because the trailer would scrape a tree that was on our site. I notice several marks on this tree from other campers trying to get out. Our site was all gravel, no grass.

I agree it is the only park on the island but there are others parks near by that I would check out.

Tags
mpg