Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM   #1

Road Assistance Insurance

I just received a renewal notice on the Roadside Assistance Insurance we currently have. We did get it when we purchased the trailer. Thankfully haven't had to use it. I'm just curious what others thoughts are on this coverage. I did see that my AAA does not cover towing a trailer unless I move up to the Premium level. It may just be a wash if I keep the Road Assistance rather than up grade the AAA.
StanKuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:15 PM   #2

Coach-net is the only one worth having in my opinion. I won't pay 2 cents for Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanKuntz View Post
I just received a renewal notice on the Roadside Assistance Insurance we currently have. We did get it when we purchased the trailer. Thankfully haven't had to use it. I'm just curious what others thoughts are on this coverage. I did see that my AAA does not cover towing a trailer unless I move up to the Premium level. It may just be a wash if I keep the Road Assistance rather than up grade the AAA.
Road side assistance, including towing, is included with my State Farm travel trailer insurance. Thank you Patrick Mahomes!
Old 04-21-2024, 04:27 PM   #4

We use Coach-Net.
We also have a membership in the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association which also includes trailers) because they have an included medical assistance program that helps get you and your rig home in case of medical emergencies.

Depending on what you need from a Roadside Assistance program, it may indeed be a wash. Read carefully.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:36 PM   #5

I added my TT to my auto policy with Progressive and it covers towing the trailer. I don't remember exactly what was included with the policy, but I researched other options. AAA offered nothing for the trailer, and the other companies seemed far too expensive for the coverage I'd want.

Tags
insurance