Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #41
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpelaez View Post
What campground? I'll stay away from that state!

https://pomonarvpark.com/

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #42

I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Did anyone catch that my opening post was written as alternative lyrics to the Beverly Hillbillies theme song?
I did, sang along to it. Nicely done. 🤣
Gemininurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #43

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
We do too, one of my favorites along with John Candy in The Great Outdoors....

Seriously though the DW and I actually witnessed a Poo moment at the dump station a couple of years ago. I was in the waiting line behind a guy that was getting ready to dump. The guy takes the cap off and brown crude came gushing everywhere! I looked at the wife and said "Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing"? Any way the lane next to him opened up and I moved over there to dump my tanks. The guy says to me "I guess I forgot to close the black tank valve the last time we went camping". I said well, sh*t happens and I'm sure it's a mistake he won't make again!
This happened to me not long ago. But I didn't forget to close the valve. Paid Camping World an extra $1500 to go through and make sure everything was in working order. But the first time I dumped the black tank it took about everything I had to operate the black tank valve. I shoulld have taken it back right then but I was able to get it to work. This time though I evidently didn't get it closed all the way. Just enough open to make a mess at the dump station. So much for that $1500 dollars.
richlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #44
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlars View Post
This happened to me not long ago.

Paid Camping World an extra $1500 to go through and make sure everything was in working order.

So much for that $1500 dollars.
You should go ask them for your money back!

I'll bet they do a thing...except laugh all the way to the bank with your check!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #45

In my case I was the lucky one. I pulled the black tank and followed with the grey when it was empty. I heard a scream from a few site down the line and sure enough everything I had sent downrange was coming up in this poor guys site. Apparently a blockage in the line just past his site and my dump was enough to cause the geyser. I felt bad for him, but it was the parks fault in the end. They actually redid all of the sewer lines shortly after that event. Their idea of cleaning it up for the guy was to send a kid with a hose to wash it all into the road.
Ggimlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #46

It happens in sticks and bricks, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggimlick View Post
In my case I was the lucky one. I pulled the black tank and followed with the grey when it was empty. I heard a scream from a few site down the line and sure enough everything I had sent downrange was coming up in this poor guys site. Apparently a blockage in the line just past his site and my dump was enough to cause the geyser. I felt bad for him, but it was the parks fault in the end. They actually redid all of the sewer lines shortly after that event. Their idea of cleaning it up for the guy was to send a kid with a hose to wash it all into the road.
It happens in sticks-and-bricks, too. My across-the-street neighbor has the lowest house in the neighborhood. The sewer line runs from her house at a slight downslope to the main collector. That segment was built in the early 1960s and until it was replaced a few years ago was prone to tree root intrusion which clogged the line. And sure enough, every time an uphill neighbor flushed, she would have a brown fountain from the basement floor drain.

The city would use a camera and patch the bad spot and then another would occur a few years later. Installing a backflow preventer (check valve) wasn't a complete solution either. Eventually the city replaced the entire line.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #47

Ugh...flashbacks to a house I owned in Cary, NC. My insurance company fought the town over it and won because of the camera results. It only happened the one time though before the battles.
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
It happens in sticks-and-bricks, too. My across-the-street neighbor has the lowest house in the neighborhood. The sewer line runs from her house at a slight downslope to the main collector. That segment was built in the early 1960s and until it was replaced a few years ago was prone to tree root intrusion which clogged the line. And sure enough, every time an uphill neighbor flushed, she would have a brown fountain from the basement floor drain.

The city would use a camera and patch the bad spot and then another would occur a few years later. Installing a backflow preventer (check valve) wasn't a complete solution either. Eventually the city replaced the entire line.

Larry
Ggimlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:47 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
I sang it out load . Well done!

"Swimmin pools. Movie stars."
Black gold, Texas pee. lol

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Did anyone catch that my opening post was written as alternative lyrics to the Beverly Hillbillies theme song?
I did. It needs to go on. "Ok Tim couldn't take a shower cause the grey tanks full:::: Now poor Tim smells like BULL,crap that is.
An go on. Let's get others in on this.
1eyeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:58 AM   #50

My sewer debacle wasn’t as bad as Robin Williams, but it was bad. Last year I bought a top of the line sewer system by Tetford. I had a blowout right where it hooks to the RV. It was a poor design and the gasket failed. I emailed Tetford to get a new connector and received an immediate reply. The system evidently had problems and was upgraded. This company sent me a whole new system. Unbelievable customer support.
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
John, if that were me, I sure wouldn't use my own shower. I'd go, clothes and all, to the campground shower house and clean up there.

Larry
That's what we did when I had our 'incident':

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ush-67565.html