Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #21

Phi

I was wondering if you have been on the roof of your 18RB to do any work (caulking, cover a/c etc). Not sure how much weight the fiberglass roofs can manage.

Roy
Prodigy P3, E2 WDH
rschoono289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #22

Hi Roy, Forest River came through and did more than I asked to be done. As you said wish their quality control was better when building the tt's. I don't see how they lifted the body off the frame either but I'm almost certain they did. All the screws and bolts on the bottom of the tt have been repalced and the vinyl floor is new under all the cabinets, bench seats even the water heater. The bottom of my camper is white instead of black like yours. Probably same material just diffrent color. I haven't been on the roof yet. On the tt's I had before approxmately the same size. I could reach across the tt to caulk, cover ac without actually getting on the roof. I think if I had to get on the roof I would lay a couple planks across the top of the tt and crawl on them so I wouldn't scratch the fiberglass or hopefuuly not fall through.
Hope you have a great year of camping and it's not to long till your first trip. We are thinking about a short trip in a couple of weeks to check our tt repairs.
Phil
Phil1 is offline   Reply With Quote