Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #1

RV Door Window Frosted Replacement

Has anyone replaced the frosted window on their RV door?

I was wondering what 1/4" seal tape you used...

Thanks in advance!

Rhody
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #2

Amazon.com
JVCC DC-WGT-01 Double Coated Window Glazing Tape: 1/8 in. thick x 1/4 in. x 75 ft. (Black) $13.60

Works great, changed my frosted glass to dark tint to match the rest of the rv windows.
bkool2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkool2323 View Post
Amazon.com
JVCC DC-WGT-01 Double Coated Window Glazing Tape: 1/8 in. thick x 1/4 in. x 75 ft. (Black) $13.60

Works great, changed my frosted glass to dark tint to match the rest of the rv windows.
Thank you! That's what my wife found on Amazon, but found it even cheaper on Walmart. Now that you have confirmed we have found the correct tape we will order now. Walmart price $9.18 shipping included.

Thank you again and safe travels!

Rhody
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #4

yes we replaced the window with a new window that has the pull down blind (like Jayco Eagles have now) and the window glass is black tinted, which matches the rest of the wi dows in our 2018 Chaparral. we bought the window from our dealer adn they also had the seal tape for it there, but we also installed the same window in our last camper (which we traded in on the chappy). we bought that window and the seal tape from Amazon. welove the window, but it does take 2 people to install, one for the inside of the door and one on the outside.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:25 AM   #5
Road Trippin

I just switched the glass around so the smooth side was on the inside of the RV instead of the outside. Had it limo tinted and it looks perfect. Matches all the other windows perfectly.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #6

I used a piece of Lexan that I tinted with window film and used Butyl tape to hold it in and seal it.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, replacement, window