Old 02-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #1

RV Lemon Law

I purchased a 2014 Sabre 35qsik that has turned out to be a lemon. In researching my rights I found out that I was not covered by the lemon law. I contacted my representatives to the Washington State legislature and was quickly able to get a bill introduced to remedy this issue. Any forum members in Washington state please contact your representatives @leg.gov.wa to support HB2017. Any members in other states please contact your representatives to fix this issue in your states as well. We can just gripe online or we can go on the offensive and fix the issues that matter to us.
Bigruh36 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #2

Good luck and all the best. The reality of it is once they get wind of potential legislation, your Washington State RV association which is affiliated with the national RVDA, along with the RVIA, will send in the lobbyists with extremely deep pockets. That's not the first time a state legislator has tried to introduce lemon law legislation covering RV's.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #3

Thanks

I realize that it will be an uphill battle but if you just give up at the first sound of gunfire then you will never win any battles. If Texas can get it through the legislature most other states should be able to as well.
Bigruh36 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #4

Sorry to read about your RV issues! Good luck, and yes there needs to be a change in the RV industries lack of quality control !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigruh36 View Post
I realize that it will be an uphill battle but if you just give up at the first sound of gunfire then you will never win any battles. If Texas can get it through the legislature most other states should be able to as well.
Agreed. Thanks for doing more than just complaining.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

I certainly don't know what the right answer is- but it's great to see someone moving on the rampant quality issues that plague RVs. Good on ya.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigruh36 View Post
Understood. But I think instead of an uphill battle it's more like an up the mountain battle. Personally I wish they had an RV lemon law covering towables nationwide.

I'm not familiar with Washington's legislative procedure, but here in PA that would never make it to first base. That is unless a substantial number of legislators stood to gain something out of it......as in votes or other things.

But good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
Site Team

As you may have noticed, the hot button warning has been activated on this thread as this topic has the potential to escalate quickly. Please see site rules prior to making questionable responses.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #9

If I was in your place I would make lemonade and get back on the road.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2017, 03:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post
Lemonade, although refreshing, does not provide much satisfaction when someone is handed a peach of a lemon by an RV manufacturer. I know, as I came as close to being handed a lemon without taking a big old bite from it as anyone, and it was not a fun and pleasant experience. Many states have them that will cover a motorized RV or part of a motorized RV but towables......not so much.

I read into the Texas law that covers towables and although it seems to have some teeth to it, it also seems to have lots of hoops that the buyer needs to jump through and plenty of language that could be used by the manufacturer / dealer as a way to skirt around it.

An RV lemon law would be a great thing to have that covered ALL RVS. That might begin to reduce some of the BS, and improve the lackluster QC this industry KNOWS they can get away with.

All of that said I highly doubt I'll ever see one in PA so its simply buyer beware.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #11

Not a surprising post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post
Personally, I see little downside to owners if lemon laws existed in all 50 states. I don't buy the "you won't be able to afford an RV" line that some will spout. Either the manufacturers will clean up their acts, develop processes to actually provide some real QC (not the marketing hype QC) and the consumer will end up with better built units at possibly marginally higher costs - or they will go out of business. Life cycle costs for the owners will drop as the units and components will be better built and longer lasting. Only the dealers might suffer as demand for warranty service will drop (not that the dealers I have dealt with provide any type of warranty service anyway).

I get tired of the "fix it yourself" and "stop complaining" types that exist here. If you bothered to speak up instead of just berating those of us who do, we might all have been blessed with better made RV's.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Lemonade, although refreshing, does not provide much satisfaction when someone is handed a peach of a lemon by an RV manufacturer. I know, as I came as close to being handed a lemon without taking a big old bite from it as anyone, and it was not a fun and pleasant experience. Many states have them that will cover a motorized RV or part of a motorized RV but towables......not so much.

I read into the Texas law that covers towables and although it seems to have some teeth to it, it also seems to have lots of hoops that the buyer needs to jump through and plenty of language that could be used by the manufacturer / dealer as a way to skirt around it.

An RV lemon law would be a great thing to have that covered ALL RVS. That might begin to reduce some of the BS, and improve the lackluster QC this industry KNOWS they can get away with.

All of that said I highly doubt I'll ever see one in PA so its simply buyer beware.
X2 Rolling over and giving up is not the answer.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply