Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Rv repair

I was thinking what if we had a list of Dealers, that would do repair work regardless of where you purchased your RV?

That might bring some of them around, to do repair work. I do not understand why they do not do the work anyway. Green is Green.
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
This is the way my local dealer sees it.

If you buy from us I will put you first in line for repairs since we made green from you off the camper and green off with repairs.

If you don't buy the RV from us then we still do repairs since it's green but your after our actually customers.

I'm yet to figure out why some dealers say if you don't buy from use you don't exist. Maybe they have enough work. But again I know I won't buy from them then.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Site Team

out of the 3 local Rockwood Roo dealers, only one was willing to work on it, even if i didn't buy from them. i do have to wait inline until they service the customers that did buy from them but it was free storage for me.

the other two said, flat out, that they would not service it unless i bought from them.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
camping

I'll bet if you call the ones that told you they would not work on it unless you buy from them will work on it. I've been told they say that to pressure you into buying from them. Call the service department- chances are they won't know you shopped at the dealer. the service manager will still need to "hit his numbers" to keep the owners happy. JMHO

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I've only had a chance to ask two places near me. These were their responses:

-Rockwood Sales/owner guy - yes, but end of line after our purchasing customers. I left it at that as I figure he sets the tone at his shop.

-Surveyor sales guy - yes, but end of line after our purchasing customers.
-Surveyor Service Mgr (when told what sales guy said) - He laughs and says its his decision and he doesn't care where it was bought. Generally first come, first served.
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #6

RV Repair

If the moderator is on the forum, how about you come up with a link, so that we can list these places by name.Once we have a list there is a chance, that some Dealers may change their minds. Just a thought.

At least during your travels you can avoid some of these places.
What do you all think?
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
camping

there is a good dealer / bad dealer section.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
Old 02-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
marialee-Berkshire410qs

Sounds good to me after my experience with McMahons in Palm Desert. Your best option is to contact Forrest River. They will put you into contact with someone who will help you. After reading some reviews of McMahons locations other than PD. You need to avoid them like the plague!!! If you didn't purchase it there they lie to your face then put you off. Sorry to be so negative. Tried to get some warranty work done there and was given the run around!! What was most frustrating is that we were camped next door at a Thousand Trails Resort!!! We will travel 80 miles to get the work done. I think we will be better off for it though!!
marialee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
camping

Your not being negative- I feel the same way about our dealers service department.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
Retired US Navy Diver

I don't have a Forest River dealer near me here in Longview, WA. There is one in Portland, OR. I use my local RV dealership U-Neek RV Center, Kelso, WA. Right on the I-5 freeway. They have been excellent in dealing with all repairs and modifications I have made to my TT. They have done numerous warranty repairs with no trouble at all. They contact FR and FR has compensated them for all warranty repairs. It not only says a lot about U-Neek but even more about Forest River and their ability to sell TT and provide quality warranty service anywhere.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote