Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2019, 07:12 AM   #41
Bob n Vic Summer Getaway

I've got an orange and brown rhino. Mine collapses down to about 5 feet. it will not fit in the bumper because the diameter is too large. I've got a spray attachment that is used to flush even after draining the grey water through it. I do this with the pipe extended all the way. Then collapsing and it's stored in a nylon bag in my front storage compartment. Never had a problem with mold. That doesn't mean that it can't happen just that I've never had problems with it.
BobnVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:36 AM   #42

Stinky Slinky Storage

I made a tube under our trailer out of a length of Vinyl Fence post, it is about 6" square. I used the end covers for these posts and screwed 1 on at one end and the other I added a couple of small hinges and a small hasp to so it will open and then stay shut. In hind site, I don't think I'd bother with the ninge and just use 2 small hasps to keep the cap on.

I was able to store the hose and all of the connectors for it in the tube. I attached the tube with some galvanized strapping and Stainless hardware all around.

Our first trailer we bought used and came with a 6" PVC pipe mounted to the rear bumper. It was great but, occasionally the screw on caps would tighten up and I would need a wrench to get one off.

The idea for the vinyl fence post is not mine, I found it on the internet.

Happy Travels!
johnscub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:38 AM   #43

Best set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcglynn264 View Post
I keep the slinky in the bumper and the elbow fittings along with rubber fitting(for sewer pipes that don't have threads, I've com across a few of those) in a gasketed Tupperware container in my storage bin. Thoroughly rinsed before putting them away of course. I had built and installed the rain gutter in the vinyl post cover but the bumper is still the most convenient place to store it. Bumper fits 3 compressed lengths which is like 30 feet of hose.
The vinyl post cover is the best setup. I didn't use the rain gutter but split a piece of 4 inch pvc pipe and put the hose on both layered halves of the pvc to slide it in and out of the post cover. The bonus is that I can telescope the layer halves of the pvc for the proper length to use as a support under the hose when hooked up to the drain at the campsite.
Thearcher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:01 AM   #44

I use a plastic tote to store all my drainage hoses but if you use the top make sure you make air holes
Kennypatrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #45

I got a 8 ft pvc fence post it's 5x5 inches plenty big enough for hose's got 2 end caps slide on and drill 1/4 in hole through cap and post on each end found some stiff wire about 10 in. Long , curled a loop in one end use bungee ball to hold wire pin in place drilled 4 1/4 in holes in bottom [drain] done same to other end . [cut 8 ft off to fit under trailer] used 1 1/2 in pre punched metal strap to attach under tlr. The pvc post want rub holes in sewer hose like in side of rusty bumper .. So far i've gone over 9,000 mi since 4 jan 2019 hose still looks good..

Also makes good rod holders, flag pole, what ever will fit a 5x5 in. Mine was cut down to 7 ft..
larry5167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #46

Yesterday I installed a Valterra hose carrier under our fiver after seeing one a few pages back in this thread. I ordered two 10 ft Camco Rhinoflex hoses at the same time so we can have enough to dump in our home septic tank. My plan was to keep our current 15ft Rhinoflex in the new hose carrier, and the 10 footers in the bumper. But when I went to put the new 10 ft Rhinoflex in the bumper, they wouldn't fit even though the 15 ft is the same thing I bought new in 2017.

For whatever reason, they made the tightening tabs taller which is why it wouldn't fit. So, they are in the new Valterra tube and fit perfectly and the 15 stays in the bumper. Easily worth the $44 shipped from Amazon. I did have to get 1" spacers to drop it down to clear the propane line on the curb side. Here are a couple of pics...

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #47

We had to purchase the Valtera adjustable hose carrier because our bumper was to small to hold the drainage tube. The hose carrier fits on top of the bumper and extended from the spare to the end of the bumper. Would like to install a second hose carrier but can't find a place to install another one. Rockwood, 2506s, 2018.
Feba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feba View Post
We had to purchase the Valtera adjustable hose carrier because our bumper was to small to hold the drainage tube. The hose carrier fits on top of the bumper and extended from the spare to the end of the bumper. Would like to install a second hose carrier but can't find a place to install another one. Rockwood, 2506s, 2018.
No room anywhere under the frame? You can always space it down if you have to like I did to clear the propane hose. I had to put mine towards the front, which is fine since that is where the dump is anyway. Heck, I could probably put five of them there if I wanted to.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
No room anywhere under the frame? You can always space it down if you have to like I did to clear the propane hose. I had to put mine towards the front, which is fine since that is where the dump is anyway. Heck, I could probably put five of them there if I wanted to.
Thank you. I've been thinking of that also. But first I have to figure out how to remove the installation that covers any excise to the frame. I need to find out what clips they used or screws. Did you have to remove that cover underneath?
Old 06-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #50

Quote:
Thank you. I've been thinking of that also. But first I have to figure out how to remove the installation that covers any excise to the frame. I need to find out what clips they used or screws. Did you have to remove that cover underneath?
No need to remove the insulation. Mine went right to the edge of the frame and I drilled through it as well as the metal. In fact, if yours is sagging in the center like mine was, it will probably push right up by hand. If it rests against the Valterra tube, it won't hurt it as there is no pressure on it.

I cropped one of the pics I took and you can see the insulation goes to the edge of the frame. You can also see the bolts going through it. Also, make sure you put washers on both sides of the Valterra mounts. Just helps to prevent the tabs from cracking...

Old 06-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #51

Hose

My underbrelly is covered but you can see the frame.didnt have to drill. Just ahead of stablizer. Jack's was a bracket with 5 holes in it. on each side. Can't figure out what the bracket for
V nose windjammer.
larry5167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #52

SeventyGTX, thank you for the pic and your suggestion. I will follow your lead on this. Thank you so much.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #53

Quote:
SeventyGTX, thank you for the pic and your suggestion. I will follow your lead on this. Thank you so much.
Just make sure you get the adjustable version. Good luck with it.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #54

I have a 2012 Rockwood and have been storing the hose in the bumper. I just ordered a nice new heavy duty hose from Silverback and it is too big to fit in the bumper. I am goin to send it back.
The other option would be to find a piece of PVC or ABS pipe and add a couple of fittings on the ends and bolt or clamp it to the bumper.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
I have a 2012 Rockwood and have been storing the hose in the bumper. I just ordered a nice new heavy duty hose from Silverback and it is too big to fit in the bumper. I am goin to send it back.
The other option would be to find a piece of PVC or ABS pipe and add a couple of fittings on the ends and bolt or clamp it to the bumper.
I don't have any idea why these hose manufacturers are all of a sudden making them too large to fit in the bumper. Like I said earlier, the 15 foot Camco Rhinoflex I bought in 2017 fits fine in my bumper. The new 10 footers also Camco Rhinoflex, won't fit. Makes no sense.

The only difference in the hoses are the tabs you use to twist them on are taller which prevents them from going in the bumper. If I ever need a new 15 ft one, I will probably just grind the tabs down some with a Dremel to be able to fit it in the bumper.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #56

I have the Brown Rhino hose with the orange connectors. The small end fits easily in the bumper and the larger end goes in easily if you locate it's ears so the are in the 4 corners.
Funkro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #57

Our rigs haven't had bumpers, so we store our two 15 foot hoses in a plastic storage tote with folding lid. Pop it in the basement storage, zero issues.

Something like this:

Old 06-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #58

SeventyGTX,
I was going thru the same thought process today. Once I start grinding I can't send it back. The hose almost fits as the bumper is the standard 4in square and the hose diam is 3.5 inches except for the little teats on the fittings. I think I can make it fit.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
SeventyGTX,
I was going thru the same thought process today. Once I start grinding I can't send it back. The hose almost fits as the bumper is the standard 4in square and the hose diam is 3.5 inches except for the little teats on the fittings. I think I can make it fit.

Sounds about like how the new ones fit, those tabs are just too tall. I wouldn't worry about sending it back as long as it doesn't leak now. I was thinking of maybe even taking a file to the tall tabs. As you know, it wont take much to get them to clear. According to Amazon reviews, this seems to be a problem with a lot of newer hoses. So even if you sent it back, what would you get to replace it?

Old 06-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #60

Talking

Our 15ft hose we bought for our TT we found out was a little to long and the end caps would not close. So I unscrewed the end and cut off excess so we now have a 13ft fully extended hose. (no other mods needed, although I will admit I removed the tube before my light bulb came on )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jun 09, 12 14 04 PM.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	206820  

Tags
storage