Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2008, 06:55 AM   #1

RV Show Junkie

I have to admit it, I’m an RV show junkie. I just can’t stay away from any RV Show within a hundred miles of the house.

This past Saturday we went to an RV show across the river in Belleville, IL. This show is usually a month after the St. Louis RV Show. We go to this show every year to see the different makes that the Illinois dealers carry. Although there aren’t as many units on display, I like this show better than the St. Louis RV show because it isn’t as crowded, you don’t have to pay to park your car, and it only cost 5 bucks to get in.

This year, the show was bigger than previous years and I was surprised that a number of the Missouri dealers had brought units to the show. In previous years only one dealer from MO participated in this show.

The nicest unit on display was a model by Excel with a show price around$75,000. These are really well built units but waaay too much money for my blood. Many of the units built for full timers have king beds. I would love to have a king bed.

I really went gah-gah over a Seville by CrossRoads. It had four slide-outs and a rear fireplace with a 42 inch plasma TV above the fireplace. The entire rear interior area of TV and fireplace was surrounded by realistic looking, but fake rock that gave the fireplace a look of real stone. This unit was pre-plumbed in the bedroom area for a washer/dryer. Very nice looking, but with a price over $60,000 it too was waaaay too rich for my blood.

After looking at all the units, I felt that the Mountaineer by Montana was the best buy for the money. The model they had on display was a 34 footer that was a rear lounge model. It had a small desk in the living room, and in the bedroom an area pre-plumbed for a washer/dryer. Very nice with a show price of $36,000. If DW and I ever become full timers (I doubt it) or perhaps true snowbirds, I might think about getting a unit like this. Of course I would have to get a heavier truck to pull something that heavy.

The fifth wheel that looked the junkiest surprised me. It was a Savoy built by Holiday Rambler. I was always under the impression that this manufacturer built high quality long lasting trailers.

I was surprised by the lack of Forest River products at this show.

We spent about three hours at the show looking at the different models and had a great time pretending to be interested in buying a new fifth wheel.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #2

Rv show

We went to the minneapolis rv show and had a great time. Even put money down a a salem 403FB. I hear ya the shows are a great time.

Jeff

Signiture coming soon
Super dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #3

funny about holiday rambler (monaco) they are having some quality issues, somehow they fell off the mark to beat.
i would put my cedar creek against alot of rigs, of similar $$
fake rock i will have to go check out that model, sounds coooool