Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2015, 12:44 PM   #1

RV show yesterday

My husband and I love attending the RV show and want to the one in FT. Wayne, IN yesterday. We couldn't believe the low quality in some of the trailers there, especially the Amerilite and the Coleman. Every Amerilite they had there had so many issues, and these were new trailers that supposedly passed quality control. We never noticed things like this at the shows in the past. I wonder if it's because the RV industry is picking up now so they are in a hurry to get these trailers out the door so the quality has gone down. I know I would never buy a brand of trailer that I saw with issues when it was new. It would make me wonder how things were done with the things that can't be seen.
zinger60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

We were also at the RV show in Fort Wayne. I agree with the poor quality of the Colemans (Dutchman). I did liked one of their floor plans and found another of their floor plans essentially nonfunctional for most camping families. We did have a good time, always enjoy window shopping.

mandl
mandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #3

We went to the Madison WI show yesterday with some friends. The nice thing is we didn't see anything we liked better than our current 5er so all in all it was a good day .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #4

You get what you pay for. The Amerilite is about the cheapest trailer on the market. I looked at one a few years ago simply because I didn't have the truck to pull a heavier camper. I decided it was worth it to upgrade trucks before buying a cardboard TT.
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #5

We went Thursday (in St Louis) and we are still happy with our Purchase last year.

We did like the new Fabric colors a little better and our trailer now comes with a Black tank flush. But still think we we made a great purchase and didn't find anything better

Glad we went Thursday night and avoided the protesters that showed up on Saturday.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
phat phrog stunt crew

If they were protesting at the rv show, I wonder how they will fare at a cardinals game when the season opens. At least we will be able to camp protest free
Old 02-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #7

Why were they protesting?
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchall View Post
Why were they protesting?
I am sure you are aware of what has happened in Ferguson this Fall. The protesters were protesting against Racism.

I support the right to protest anything you want, its America after all, but I do question why a RV show is targeted. Most Campers I know are more likely to judge you by your choice around the campfire then what you look like.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #9

It's always a good thing to leave an RV show happy with what you own. We've done that many times.
Rancho RS9000XL's and Firestone airbags
Pullrite Superglide 18k hitch
alphadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #10
phat phrog stunt crew

I resist all temptation to look by not going. Its bad enough my dealer isn't too far out of my way if I ever get the urge to look. Why tempt fate by going where I can see a bunch of stuff trying to get me to open my checkbook. Its already open enough.. lol.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #11

Sad that they were protesting at an RV SHOW.
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show